Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at night, when I turn on the headlights, I notice that the glove box light comes on without opening the compartment...not really troubled by this but am I missing some super hi-tech switch somewhere?

2007 Prius

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Acupuncture Guy said:
at night, when I turn on the headlights, I notice that the glove box light comes on without opening the compartment...not really troubled by this but am I missing some super hi-tech switch somewhere?

2007 Prius
Nope. It is that way. Have you checked your refrigerator too? That one should turn off.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Another piece of engineering brilliance really...
It's an LED light. It'll last longer than the car even if left on constantly. It uses a negligible amount of energy...almost nothing. A mechanical switch to turn it on/off would require extra wiring, they're prone to breakage, then would add a repair expense for either Toyota or the owner depending upon when it failed...so they eliminated the part that could potentially fail!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Efusco...

that's all I wanted to know....uh, I didn't get the refrigerator comment. When the fridge is shut, the light is off...quite the contrary to my situation, but thanks anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Re: Thanks, Efusco...

Acupuncture Guy said:
that's all I wanted to know....uh, I didn't get the refrigerator comment. When the fridge is shut, the light is off...quite the contrary to my situation, but thanks anyway. :)
joke

• noun 1 a statement made or short story told in order to cause amusement. 2 a trick played for fun. 3 informal a ridiculously inadequate or inappropriate thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.