Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
definition: "gloata-faction" = the feeling you get when:

Consumer Reports (CR)2005 auto issue rates Prius best green car.

Intellichoice 2005 says Prius is Best Value in its class.

Dont forget residual gloata-faction from Motor Trend Car of the Year in 2004

Guy next to you at the pump with large SUV starts swearing as the pump goes over $50., looks at you, and says, 'are they really that good?' ...'I gotta get one of them things'

CR reports Prius owners as most satisfied of any vehicle with 94% of 1,640 respondents owning 2004s saying they would definitely buy one again.

please add your own gloata-factions if you like

·
Registered
83 Posts
"gloata-faction" is when you don't have to fumble for the keys and tell your friends: 'The door's already open" when you go to get in the car.

Also, when you're with friends and you take right off without the ICE even starting yet....

And, when you start pumping gas after the person across from you started and stop before they stop. The requisite comment is: "Wow, I'm just blown away by how little gas this car runs on!"

Cheers,

·
Registered
66 Posts
"gloata-faction" is when your co-workers start complaining bitterly about the rising cost of gasoline and your response is:

"Really? I hadn't noticed that gasoline prices are going up. But then again, I haven’t had to fill within the last couple of weeks.”

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was gloatafaction, suggest gloatisfaction

Seems to me *gloatisfaction* runs more trippingly from the tongue and sounds more like satisfaction. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got another one:

"Gloata-faction" is when you get caught in a state police radar trap going 77mph in a 65 and the officer walks up to your car and the first thing out of his mouth is: "How do you like your hybrid?"

Yep, you know you're not going to get a ticket this time....

·
Registered
163 Posts
bobc, enjoy it while it lasts. When I got my '02, I went for 2 years without a ticket for this very reason. I even had one officer jump in for a test drive (I think he ordered one that weekend, too).

The magic ended when I got caught at 04:00 going to an emergency page at work. Not quite awake doing 80 on the onramp. I got the ticket first, then a VERY polite, "Do you have a minute to talk about the car?" It was actually humorous the way he was trying to be overly PC. "So, as a hybrid, does it have enough power? Er, not that I'm trying to draw attention to the, er, reason I *blush* pulled you over."

Cops have to be car geeks. Part of their job is to be able to say 'Late 70's Pontiac' at a glance.

Personally, I tend not to mention how great my milage is unless asked. I try to mention the hybrid if I can. I don't need any more help looking like I think I'm better or smarter than everyone around me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Before she died (cancer, not speeding) my best friend drove a "triple black" limited edition mustang ragtop. HUGE engine, with the gentle throaty roar. She was NOT speeding, but got pulled over, and the Trooper said "Ma'am, do you realize you were driving with the top down?" :lol: She was in her 50s and wasn't ever a "babe," so she knew she didn't get pulled over for "driving while blonde." She was dumbstruck, until she realized he wanted to look at the engine. "Would you like to see under the hood?" "COULD I??" He was all happy and gave her his card, in case she ever wanted to sell, and she went on her way. Hehehe!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes, that has to be funny. "does it have enough power? Does it go fast?"

Well, you did pull me over for speeding, didn't you? It does exceed what the law allows.

I got pulled over for failing to make a full stop at a stop sign. Officer let me go with a written warning, but didn't mention the car at all. It was dark, maybe he didn't notice what I was driving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't your cops turn on the portable sun when they pull you over around there, Dan?

It was very funny to see him dance around the subject. After the second time, I told him he would have to work hard to offend me and lighten up. I gave him my number and told him if he couldn't find one on a lot to test drive, I'd be happy to let him drive mine. I'd have offered then, but there was this pager going off every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Gloata-faction is when the service manager at Toyota tells you as you pull inside, "How do you like your Prius? I want to get one of these."

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I'd love the service manager to ask me that. I'd then say: Treat me well, such as not charging me for customization and lying about it, and I might give you an extended test drive.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes, being savvy enough to recognize empty praise in lieu of a good price and service is something this forum will contribute to.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gloata-faction=J.D. Power initial quality survey for 2005 names Prius

Best Compact Car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts