Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they have been sucessful in getting their Treo 650 paired with the Prius? I can't get mine to even "sense" that the car is there with the bluetooh search for devices. I love my Treo... and I love my Prius... but its really frustrating that I can't get them to work together.

Thanks!
Shawn :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shawn,
I found you must go to the Palm site and look for the latest software upgrade for the 650. I did this before I even took delivery of my Prius and it paid off. The very first night I had the new car, the phone connected with the car on the very first try. The secret is you have to have the software upgrade.
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try going to the Palm web site and seeing if there is an update. I also have Verizon, but so far I can only get the phone to recognize that the car is there ("Handset"), I type in the passkey, but the car itself acts like its waiting for something from the phone. It never goes off the screen with the passcode numbers and a button that says cancel.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it to work!

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tguinn said:
Shawn,
I found you must go to the Palm site and look for the latest software upgrade for the 650. I did this before I even took delivery of my Prius and it paid off. The very first night I had the new car, the phone connected with the car on the very first try. The secret is you have to have the software upgrade.
Tom
THANK YOU!!!! I updated the software from the palm website and it is now working great! I appreciate your help!
Best regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Verizon Treo 650 - doesn't connect

I purchased a Verizon Treo 650 about 3 months ago, and have been unsuccessful in connecting. The Treo recognizes the car, but the car doesn't seem to recognize the Treo? It has the current patch 1.04
Any ideas on connection or if anyone can recomend a Verzion phone that'll connect with the Prius?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey, how do you upload the phone book?

What's whacky is that the Sienna stores 1,000 numbers! Versus the Prius. Wonder if they will update the Prius head unit for 2006?

Spike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Verizon Treo 650 - doesn't connect

jimmysingh said:
I purchased a Verizon Treo 650 about 3 months ago, and have been unsuccessful in connecting. The Treo recognizes the car, but the car doesn't seem to recognize the Treo? It has the current patch 1.04
Any ideas on connection or if anyone can recomend a Verzion phone that'll connect with the Prius?
You can try making a call from the phone after it has found the Prius and while the Prius is still searching. Before all the patches came out, that used to work. It would force the pairing and then the 650 would continue to pair successfully on successive startups.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Spike said:
Hey, how do you upload the phone book?

What's whacky is that the Sienna stores 1,000 numbers! Versus the Prius. Wonder if they will update the Prius head unit for 2006?

Spike
Depends on which carrier you have. On a Sprint 650 you can either beam a single contact or a whole category of contacts. It's under Record in the Contacts application. Not sure how Verizon or Cingular work but I've heard that at least one of them does not support the bluetooth protocol to transfer contact info.

By the way, the Prius has two phone books that can hold 500 numbers each.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Verizon has locked out the contact transfer on their phones. The reason is that the same protocol that would let you do the transfer would also let you transfer files from/to the phone to/from your PC, which they don't want you to be able to do, lest you transfer pictures and ring tones for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts