Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, after studying the car for the past two years, I join the club today......hand the dealer the cash this am! Already have learned alot by following this forum! Just have to get a bluetooth phone now........ :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
blittle said:
......hand the dealer the cash this am! ..... :)

Will that be in unmarked, non-sequencial tens and twenties? :wink:

Remember to keep your eyes on the road. It is easy to be distracted by the gadgets at first. And have fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hep said:
blittle said:
......hand the dealer the cash this am! ..... :)
Will that be in unmarked, non-sequencial tens and twenties? :wink:

Remember to keep your eyes on the road. It is easy to be distracted by the gadgets at first. And have fun!
:

Yup......and yup! Got it home safely and am still reading the manual. Trying to avoid doing something dumb in the startup or shutdown that will screw it up! I'm sure there is at least one common "mistake" that new owners make! What a machine.......... :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DanMan32 said:
Not too many things you can do wrong, except maybe forgetting to power off.

Will be very careful on that....... :oops: Here's my first question......my manual talks about "auto" headlights and drl's as an optional system, describes how to use it etc., but it was not offered with any of the packages on my 06?? Any info on this? I assume I don't have drl's? :? Thanks....and I averaged 49mpg on the 4 mile run home!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
blittle said:
Will be very careful on that....... :oops: Here's my first question......my manual talks about "auto" headlights and drl's as an optional system, describes how to use it etc., but it was not offered with any of the packages on my 06?? Any info on this? I assume I don't have drl's? :? Thanks....and I averaged 49mpg on the 4 mile run home!
Cars for Canadian distribution get DRLs because those are required by law up north. So, the manual references them, but no U.S. market cars get DRLs or autolamp. On the flip side, HID headlamps cannot dual function as a low output DRL type of lamp like haolgen bulbs can. So, the Canadian production cars never come with HIDs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the family. :D I have 3,000 miles on my Prius and could never be happier. I have found that if it is a trip to the store I might as well take my Honda, since I get killed on the short trips while the car goes through its warm up stage. It seems that two 2 mile trips uses more gas then my entire trip to work. This grop has been great and contiues to provide me with great information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jeromep said:
blittle said:
Cars for Canadian distribution get DRLs because those are required by law up north. So, the manual references them, but no U.S. market cars get DRLs or autolamp. On the flip side, HID headlamps cannot dual function as a low output DRL type of lamp like haolgen bulbs can. So, the Canadian production cars never come with HIDs.
That solves that mystery.......thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Welcome

Silverwolf said:
Welcome to the family. :D I have 3,000 miles on my Prius and could never be happier. I have found that if it is a trip to the store I might as well take my Honda, since I get killed on the short trips while the car goes through its warm up stage. It seems that two 2 mile trips uses more gas then my entire trip to work. This grop has been great and contiues to provide me with great information.
Thanks for the advice........I'll watch it!

·
Registered
248 Posts
dznyskp said:
Congrats on the new toy!
toy, Toy, TOY! The Prius is only the most advanced production car available today. Period. It is not a toy. It is a finely honed machine an instrument! OK it is my favorite Toy!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Re: Welcome

Silverwolf said:
It seems that two 2 mile trips uses more gas then my entire trip to work.
Well, considering that you go through the same warmup going to work as you do with the 2 mile trip, thus using the same amount of gas for the first 2 miles of your trip to work, that isn't quite true. However, the average MPG stays up in your trip to work, since you make up for the low MPG for the rest of the trip to work.

I find it interesting that people think they can get somewhere sooner by waiting until traffic clears. The trip may indeed be shorter, and perhaps more comfortable, but you still will get there at a later time than if you went with the traffic.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
blittle said:
Here's my first question......my manual talks about "auto" headlights and drl's as an optional system, describes how to use it etc., but it was not offered with any of the packages on my 06?? Any info on this? I assume I don't have drl's? :?
http://www.vfaq.net/FAQ-misc.html#manualerr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.