Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being on two lists with deposits on each, I have one that is exactly what I wanted. White #9. I guess I can cancel the two I am on the waiting list for.

jim

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeff_kash said:
Great news Jim! Enjoy your new car.

Jeff
I spoke too soon. Sad that a car co. as dedicated to their product as Toyota is still has the same clowns representing them as all the others. To my surprise they had a $5,000.00 dealer mark-up on it. I walked and I will wait for my position on the list to come.

jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
but jim....i don't mean to be a jerk...

but i think you're being a bit naive. becuz....it's not like taking a number at the deli and waiting until you're called on. i don't think the dealers are playing completely fair.

they'll keep selling them to the people who'll buy them -- at the price the dealer sets.

you shoulda taken it. that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trobinson said:
but jim....i don't mean to be a jerk...

but i think you're being a bit naive. becuz....it's not like taking a number at the deli and waiting until you're called on. i don't think the dealers are playing completely fair.

they'll keep selling them to the people who'll buy them -- at the price the dealer sets.

you shoulda taken it. that's my 2 cents.
----------------------------------------------------------
You are entitled to your opinion, I'll wait and I think a little less of Toyota now.
Naive? about what? it is like taking a number, it's exactly like that. So few dealerships are marking them up, it's a shame when one does. I'd take a bus before I'd let them steal from me, imo that's exactly what it is.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Jimb:

___You did the right thing and I congratulate you for it. I hope another 04 Prius arrives on your door step sooner then you expect Letting a stealer attempt the rip off is no way to begin a long and healthy relationship with the 04 that could possibly be in your possession for the next decade or longer. Another one will come around as it is only a matter of time. In another few months, the 05s will be announced and who knows what new toy will be available in one that you may actually want even more instead!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1mwngixg][email protected][/email:1mwngixg]

·
Registered
48 Posts
jimb said:
jeff_kash said:
Great news Jim! Enjoy your new car.

Jeff
I spoke too soon. Sad that a car co. as dedicated to their product as Toyota is still has the same clowns representing them as all the others. To my surprise they had a $5,000.00 dealer mark-up on it. I walked and I will wait for my position on the list to come.

jim
I hope you didn't cancel the cars you have on the other lists. Let us know what happens.

Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just follow the auctions on ebay, a 04 #6 package went for $6k over msrp.

as long as there is a demand the market will response w/higher prices.

keeping my fingers crossed that the dealer that i am purchasing from will not charge a primium.

jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Jim,
My dealer is in the middle. If I wait until my car comes in, I pay MSRP. If I take the silver 6 that someone else changed their mind on, I pay 3,000 over MSRP. I passed.
It just depends how much you want the car. Some people really want it and are willing to pay.
I used my boss as an excuse. If I left work to get a car, 'right now', he would not have been amused.
Pauline
Owner of a $500 keychain, a $300 rebate letter, and a "we're working as fast as we can' letter :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you didn't cancel the cars you have on the other lists. Let us know what happens.

Jeff
=========================
No, I didn't. My source talked the dealer today, they will let me have it for $3k over. No thanks. I will wait but I hear '05 has no change. The dealer also said the battery is 8 yr(calilf) warranty not 10 as another dealer had told me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Owner of a $500 keychain, a $300 rebate letter, and a "we're working as fast as we can' letter
++++++++++++++++++++
Me too, I love the corporation too bad the dealerships represent them.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
battery warranty

jimb said:

Jeff
=========================
No, I didn't. My source talked the dealer today, they will let me have it for $3k over. No thanks. I will wait but I hear '05 has no change. The dealer also said the battery is 8 yr(calilf) warranty not 10 as another dealer had told me.

As taken from the 2004 Toyota Prius Owner's Warranty Information booklet (PN 00505-T2004-PRIUS) page 6, "Warranty Coverages at a Glance" there is a bar graph identifying the various warranties (from my 7/03 printing):

New Vehicle Limited Warranty:

Basic: 36 months / 36,000 miles
Hybrid Vehicle System: 96 months / 100,000 miles
Powertrain: 60 months / 60,000 miles
Corrosion Perforation: 60 months / unlimited miles
Restraint Systems: 60 months / 60,000 miles
Emission Control Warranty:

Federal, Performance: 24 months / 24,000 miles
Federal, Performance Specific Components: 96 months / 80,000 miles
Federal, Defect: 36 months / 36,000 miles
Federal, Defect Specific Components: 96 months / 80,000 miles
California (t), Performance: 180 months / 150,000 miles
California (t), Defect: 180 months, 150,000 miles
California (t), Hybrid Battery Pack: 120 months / 150,000 miles

(t) = Also applies to Maine, Massachusetts, New York and Vermont vehicles equipped with a California Certified Emission Control System. Vehicles covered by this warranty are also covered by the Federal Emission Control Warranty.

if you note above, the battery is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles federally, but in CA-emission states it is covered by the longer emissions warranty of 10 years/150,000 miles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: battery warranty

in CA-emission states it is covered by the longer emissions warranty of 10 years/150,000 miles
+++++++++++++++++
You have now forced me to find that particular dealership on the web and I hope they have e-mail. Funny a Toyota dealership marking up a Prius $5k doesn't know the right answer to a MAJOR item about the car!

I even told the clown last night that I was told by another dealership it was ten. He said he thought so too until someone showed it to him in the book.

thanks,

jim
++++++++++++
Couldn't resist, here it is:

Was there last night and turned down offer to buy Prius marked up $5k, thought you might want to tell Charlie the battery information he told us seems to be wrong. He said 8 yrs, I said I thought it was 10, he said he did too until someone showed him in the book.

If your going to gouge, get the great parts about the car correct.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As taken from the 2004 Toyota Prius Owner's Warranty Information booklet (PN 00505-T2004-PRIUS) page 6, "Warranty Coverages at a Glance" there is a bar graph identifying the various warranties (from my 7/03 printing):

New Vehicle Limited Warranty:

Basic: 36 months / 36,000 miles
Hybrid Vehicle System: 96 months / 100,000 miles
Powertrain: 60 months / 60,000 miles
Corrosion Perforation: 60 months / unlimited miles
Restraint Systems: 60 months / 60,000 miles
Emission Control Warranty:

Federal, Performance: 24 months / 24,000 miles
Federal, Performance Specific Components: 96 months / 80,000 miles
Federal, Defect: 36 months / 36,000 miles
Federal, Defect Specific Components: 96 months / 80,000 miles

(t) = Also applies to Maine, Massachusetts, New York and Vermont vehicles equipped with a California Certified Emission Control System. Vehicles covered by this warranty are also covered by the Federal Emission Control Warranty.

if you note above, the battery is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles federally, but in CA-emission states it is covered by the longer emissions warranty of 10 years/150,000 miles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: battery warranty

The response.
+++++
Well Mr. XXX, I must apologize on behalf of over eager Salesmen who seem to be not too conversed in product knowledge and asking for too much money for the car.

We do have 19 models, and the model split is enormous, and there is a considerable amount of information that has to be learned, but that is no excuse especially on a special vehicle such as the Prius.

I would certainly love to earn your business, and I have included my Sales Directors name ( Kenny XXX ) and e-mail address in this response. He has the list. We will match up the closest car to what you are looking for. I assume you have a deposit here at the dealership and are awaiting a new Prius or is that assumption incorrect?

If you would be kind enough to contact Kenny XXX, we will see what we can do and how quickly. Kenny, please respond to Mr. XXX as soon as possible.

The best of intentions at all times.

Sincerely

Chris XXX

Vice President & General Manager

Toyota of XXX
XXX Blvd
CA

Tel # xxx-xxx-xxxx

Fax # xxx-xxx-xxxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts