Toyota Prius Forum banner

German Prius Adverts

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mrv 
#1 ·
There has been a marked increase in Prius adverts on German TV over the last 4 days. Always at prime time, and mostly with HiTech programs.

Considering the delivery delay, Im surprised they are "wasting money" on advertising right now. Now, If they were producing more cars (or had the capacity to produce more) than they could sell, then I could understand it. :?

#2 ·
I live over here in California (U.S.) I find that toyota is putting out commercials to be strange. I don't think i've ever seen a commercial over here. I downloaded a commercial type movie which was from Digital Avenue. I would love to see a commercial about the prius.

I heard that toyota is capable of producting more care. The problem lies in the battery makers. I was told that at current time, batteries can not be produced any faster. I also read somewhere that the maker of the battery is Panasonic. I would think Panasonic (if that's true) would be able to increse production with ease.

#3 ·
V8Cobrakid said:
I heard that toyota is capable of producting more care. The problem lies in the battery makers. I was told that at current time, batteries can not be produced any faster. I also read somewhere that the maker of the battery is Panasonic. I would think Panasonic (if that's true) would be able to increse production with ease.
I dont know if it is true that the bottleneck is the batteries. I have my doubts.

Thebattery is from Panasonic. I have the workshop handbook with me now.
The battery type is: EV-MP6R5R02
and is made by:
Panasonic EV Energy Co. Ltd,
555 Sakaijuku
Kosai
Shizuoka 431-0452
Japan

The contenst of the battery can be nutralised with vinegar if they leak (!) but as they are fully sealed, this should never happen.

#4 ·
Im still curious what slows production. I know that it wouldn't be as difficult to make more priuses as it would be to make more batteries. Mayve someone can email/call/fax toyota to get this one answered.

#5 ·
V8Cobrakid said:
Im still curious what slows production. I know that it wouldn't be as difficult to make more priuses as it would be to make more batteries. Mayve someone can email/call/fax toyota to get this one answered.
With a 10 month wait ahead of me :( , Id like to know as well. I dont think it is so easy to just ramp up the Prius production line. If it was so easy, there would be loads of Priuses just waiting a battery at the dealers.

My guess, and its only a guess, is that MRT not expecting the demand, dedicated one of the smallest production lines to the Prius. Re-tooling a larger line, and/or building a new line takes time. From the UK maketing plan...

Considering the performance of the Prius in other markets sales of around 1500 units in the first year should be set a goal, 2000 in the second and 3000 in the third. With only two cars in the hybrid market the Prius should become the market leader
In Germany where were around 4500 units were ordered in the first 3 months, which was about 25% of the total yearly allocation for the whole of Europe. If this was the case around the world, then we see why there is a problem. Bad planning unfortunately.

#8 ·
Tideland Prius said:
Did they not convert part of the Camry line to build the Prius? I thought they did
The 2004/2005 Prius is made on the
same production line/facility as
the Camry XLE, as well as at least
3 other cars... (look up the
production plant in the VIN)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.