Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new Package 1 US prius. Imported it to Canada.

Audio CD player- can it take more then 1 CD? It is CD only - no tape.

My package 1 also has no auto lights. I was sad to see it in the manual but not on the car.

Otherwise my first drive was great. Saw on gas ststion at 1.19 /liter (medium grade) Scary. Portence of things to came. I bought the right car.

Sometimes the car, when put into park, does not want to reengage drive. had to restart the car?

I finally figured out the key fob- 2 clicks and all doors open, one click and only the driver door.

The cloth on the seats seems flimsey compared to my previa. Will it need to be scotch guarded to prevent disaster and decrease stain uptake??

Is cruise the most efficient way to drive (best MPG), do I systematically use B mode on long downhills to max. battery regeneration.

David Duchesne
salso red, 2005 package 1 (US)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Auto lights are not in the US models, just Canadian. The manual is for north america, which is why the auto lights are shown in it.

B mode will not assist in regen down hill. No regen in B mode.

Only the upgraded CD player will accept more than 1 CD. Probably not in package 1.

The upholstery releases stains remarkably well. Perhaps some have scotchguarded, but I found that coffee, latte, melted chocolate all come out quite well without scotchguard. I believe the seats are a microfiber and are not as "flimsy" as they appear.

RE cruise being the most efficient, some have mastered the pulse and glide, which is, perhaps, most mpg. Cruise works well, though. Try both, and see for yourself which works.

Enjoy your prius! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nothing wrong...

As per previous statements, there is nothing wrong....
Everything is beyond perfection....
Complaints!!! not even think about it....

There is something in life that sets you free if you say it.....
Please, come to Freeland Resort....all inclusive...for free.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
One problem with the car your dealer probably didn't warn you about is the annoying trolls on certain web boards...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Be sure your foot is on the brake when shifting. You can't get out of park without pressing the brake.

B will most certainly regen, even more so. But it is not as efficient. It spins the ICE also, to increase drag, especially if the battery SOC is 8 bars green. There's hardly any use for B except maybe long downhills where you don't want to have to press the brake so much.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
See how much bad information is mingled among the good? Hep will be pleased when he returns to learn I've not mistakenly given out GOOD information. ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
See how much bad information is mingled among the good? Hep will be pleased when he returns to learn I've not mistakenly given out GOOD information. ;)
You just threw in one bad one to see in anyone was paying attention. You can't pull that ditzy chick routine and fool us Sanny!
\
I'm back! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts