Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
I think that depends on how long you plan to keep the car. If it were I, and I planned to keep it, I'd go with a Toyota REM battery. I just did in my 2010 when its battery pooped out. I won't ever have to replace it again.
If you plan to trade if for a 2023 like a lot of Prius owners are doing, go to a junk yard (*with a tester) and get a used one from a wrecked Prius Gen 2.

· Registered
2010 Toyota Prius
2 Posts
I think that depends on how long you plan to keep the car. If it were I, and I planned to keep it, I'd go with a Toyota REM battery. I just did in my 2010 when its battery pooped out. I won't ever have to replace it again.
If you plan to trade if for a 2023 like a lot of Prius owners are doing, go to a junk yard (*with a tester) and get a used one from a wrecked Prius Gen 2.
How much did it cost to use Toyota REM battery…..did you diy?
Dlepsch1

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I truly appreciate your time and thoughts!!

I saw that there were several options on the internet, all for refurbished batteries, but I wasn't sure about them.

One company offers a battery along with a lifetime warranty for a little less than $2k, whereas the Toyota dealer wants $2100 for a new one. The lifetime warranty sounds nice, but I'm afraid of it.

I've only had the car for 5 months and paid a lot ($11,500). Its truly a gem of a car - it was a single owner car thats been garage kept its entire life, has every possible option from 06 and has ALL service records from the dealer, I but with 76k miles.

I added a second set of factory wheels with new Blizzaks on them for the winter in Denver, new tint, new weather tech mats on all 3 rows, new hubcaps along with a new oil change and a new 12v Toyota battery. I hate to have nearly $15k wrapped up in such an old car, but it sure is nice!
How much did it cost to use Toyota REM battery…..did you diy?
Dlepsch1
Wait, so Toyota sells remanufactured batteries, as well as new?

Now I'm wondering what the $2100 battery that they offered actually is?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!!

I have a 2006 Prius with 80k mikes that I'm afraid the OEM hybrid battery is going out.

Is there a most recommended place to to purchase a new hybrid battery?
I had the same problem. If l get to do it again, l would not buy a new or refurbished battery
nor l attempt to change cells within the battery bad experience
but l ll invest $100-$300 in a system to restore the original batter, best of luck visit me at prius.blog
and info about this is in youtube at

· Registered
32 Posts
Thank you very much! I truly appreciate your time and thoughts!!

I saw that there were several options on the internet, all for refurbished batteries, but I wasn't sure about them.

One company offers a battery along with a lifetime warranty for a little less than $2k, whereas the Toyota dealer wants $2100 for a new one. The lifetime warranty sounds nice, but I'm afraid of it.

I've only had the car for 5 months and paid a lot ($11,500). Its truly a gem of a car - it was a single owner car thats been garage kept its entire life, has every possible option from 06 and has ALL service records from the dealer, I but with 76k miles.

I added a second set of factory wheels with new Blizzaks on them for the winter in Denver, new tint, new weather tech mats on all 3 rows, new hubcaps along with a new oil change and a new 12v Toyota battery. I hate to have nearly $15k wrapped up in such an old car, but it sure is nice!

Wait, so Toyota sells remanufactured batteries, as well as new?

Now I'm wondering what the $2100 battery that they offered actually is?
My bad, that should have been OEM Toyota. It was $2440 with labor and tax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts