Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the inmates running the asylum? Best Buy Co., Inc. is repainting their fleet of Volkswagen New Beetles at the request of the CHP, because the CHP thinks that said Beetles look too much like their patrol cars. These are the guys who are going to be looking for our HOV access stickers? Hello? Are there any police agencies in California using New Beetles as patrol vehicles? In case you haven't seen Best Buys' cars, they are used by an affiliated company called "The Geek Squad" whose business is centered on onsite servicing of computers.
The same CHP sells their old patrol vehicles at public auction after removing the light bars, sirens and official decals, leaving the cars good ol' black and white. Gotta be the same officials who dreamed up the hybrid stickers!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can understand how someone might be confused....I'm sure most people expect CHP troopers to be driving VW Beetles.

Besides, aren't the Geek Squad and the CHP one and the same anyway?

·
Registered
610 Posts
:( It is a courtesy to include "OT" in the Subject Line when the post is not related to the Prius.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Roger V said:
Best Buy Co., Inc. is repainting their fleet of Volkswagen New Beetles at the request of the CHP, because the CHP thinks that said Beetles look too much like their patrol cars. These are the guys who are going to be looking for our HOV access stickers? ...
Gotta be the same officials who dreamed up the hybrid stickers!
Easy, there Chas. The subject was CHP looking for identifying markings on vehicles such as Prius HOV stickers.
That's on-topic enough for me.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:( It is a courtesy to include "OT" in the Subject Line when the post is not related to the Prius.
Let's see here, the subject is "Geek Squad and the CHP". Knowing a guy who works for the Geek Squad and the B&W bugs they drive, I could see the humor coming from a mile away. I enjoy humor. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts