Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone have a idea on how how fix my gas gauge. My o4 gets a repeatable 43 to 42 mpg, but at between 300 and350 miles I am down to one bar and blinking. This morning it started blinking at 312 miles and I drove to 386. It only would take 8.8 gallons.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi moonlite:

I cant say about the influence of the bladder.

My tips.

1. Did you finish to refill when the pump has automatically shut off ?
Then you pull the nozzle, refill again very slowly trickling with watching for carefully return gas. , In Japan , nary one more gallon into the tank . I try this every time.

2. Did you set the Prius is the front up ?
If you set the front dawn, you can refill some more gallons. I try this every time.
Some one did jack up the rear, then refill more 2 gallons. I dont try to jack up.

USK
Bordeaux mica 2001
Life time 58.3MPG (at 19,717miles)
Longest mileage in [Album] : [Best Mileage]
Every mileage/tank in following URL
http://eshy.s22.xrea.com/cgi-bin/nenpi/nlist.cgi?hn=USK
__ mi. = 0.62137 * Km ____ MPG = 2.3521 * Km/L ____ gal. = 0.26417 * L

·
Registered
623 Posts
Running out of gas in the Prius is such a serious problem that Toyota made the gas gauge appear to be empty when you really have a couple of gallons in it. They want to fool you into filling up sooner. The standard advice on these boards is to use the odometer to estimate how much gas you have left.

However, it never hurts to gas up sooner. And unless you really feel you need to brag about how many miles you went on a tankfull, I'd recommend you fill up when the last bar blinks, or sooner if it's convenient.

Also, note that due to the bladder, your tank actually holds less in cold weather. Maybe as little as 9 gallons in very cold weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts