Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the GVN 52 and how hard would it be to install in my 06 Prius? I really like the idea that it uses the existing MFD but how would I install this SOB and is it even feasable? Here is the product specs sheet.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gvn52/

I figure that the backup camera has to plug into something under this huge dash right? I just wonder how hard it would be to toggle between the backup camera and this Nav system? Any help would really be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well the touch screen won't work which would really bother me. If I didn't have the factory system and I had to choose, I would probably buy one of their portable units rather than this. They do have touch screen but the screens are quite small.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That it says "Composite video output for compatible displays (NTSC)" seems worrisome. I am doubtful there's anywhere to just plug in an NTSC composite output and get video on the Prius screen, at least not without some expensive or complicated conversion, though I don't know for sure. This GPS thing is mostly meant for cars that have DVD players built in, not for screens like the one in a Prius, I think.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
HunterGreen said:
That it says "Composite video output for compatible displays (NTSC)" seems worrisome. I am doubtful there's anywhere to just plug in an NTSC composite output and get video on the Prius screen, at least not without some expensive or complicated conversion, though I don't know for sure. This GPS thing is mostly meant for cars that have DVD players built in, not for screens like the one in a Prius, I think.
I agree, as I commented in the other duplicate post in the Technical forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.