Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
clshep said:
Will the salesmen turn me away when I go to pick up my Prius (whenever on God’s green earth it arrives) and I drive up in my H2?
I don't know. I rode up to fill out paperwork for my Prius on my Kymco Motorscooter. It only gets about 70mpg. The dealer did not seem to mind. In fact he kept asking me about it.

So when our Prius comes in it will be the third most efficient vehicle in our fleet.
  1. 90mpg: My wife's Kymco People 50
  2. 70mpg: My Kymco People 150
  3. 55mpg:The new Prius
  4. 19mpg:My 92 Dodge Power Ram 50 Pickup
[/list]

· Registered
159 Posts
melgish said:
Doesn't that depend on your definition of efficiency? Your scooter might get you to the store, but will it efficiently carry home your groceries?
I can efficiently carry two full plastic bags of groceries on the hook below the handlebars, an additional small bag below the seat. If I bungie cord a milk crate to the cargo rack, I can carry three more bags in that (although I rarely do that). If I need more than that I take the car. If I need 1200lbs of mulch, I take my truck.

Most of my trips require the movement of me and a small handful of cargo. Say a thermos of coffee, a bagle, and my lunch. And for that my scoot is ideal.

If I could only have one? A Prius would be my first choice. But its nice to have options.

· Registered
159 Posts
zinzindorff9 said:
Very few actually use the four wheel drive. In fact a good portion sold are FWD only.
I like to piss off the owners of those faux suvs by calling them vans or station wagons. In my mind without four wheel drive, thats what it is, a tall station wagon or squared off van. They hate this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.