Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
michaelplevy said:
I don't hate my Hummer brothers. However, I think it will be more meaningful to post pictures of my Prius next to a Hummer rather than a silly finger salute.
I had my Prius parked next to an H2 a while ago. I was pissed that I didn't have my camera available. I hate the Hummers for 2 main reasons:
1) They drink gas like an alcoholic drinks Vodka
2) Being behind one is like driving with a huge wall infront of you. That goes for all SUV's, but the H2 is so damn big, it makes my hate for it that much bigger.

I loved the shot of the H2 on the grass with the comment that said something like, "This is the only time this H2 will ever go offroad."

As a side note, I now know of 2 people who got rid of their H2 because of the crappy millage and all the people who ask, "How many gallons to the mile does that thing get?" I say, keep asking these questions!!! :)

EDIT: In regards to the hummer not polluting more: If the motor burns as cleanly as other V8's, it still is buring MORE fuel and therefore sending MORE pollutants out the exhaust pipe (over the same distance as other V8's with better MPG). Sorry, I don't see how that is the same.

· Registered
262 Posts
clshep said:
I’m not sure if I understand you’re statement of:

“If the motor burns as cleanly as other V8’s, it still is burning more fuel”

Huh? Whaa? :?:

A V8 is a V8. I don’t understand how you can say the H2’s V8 pollutes more than a Silverado’s V8? Are you saying that an H2’s V8 will pollute more than say a Dodge Ram 1500 with a V10?

If you really want to know the mpg on an H2, it varies depending on whether I’m off road or freeway. But I’d say I average about 15 mpg on the freeway and about 10 when off-road. And yes, I do go off-road with my H2.

Shep
Two cars with V8's travel 100 miles. The first car burns 10 gallons of gas in that distance. The second car burns 9 gallons of gas in the same distance. Which car put more pollutants into the air over the same distance?

Sorry if I was not clear on that. It certainly seems to be a point that most V8 owners don't consider.

· Registered
262 Posts
clshep said:
I see; so you’re estimating that the H2 will burn more fuel than other V8’s and V10’s because…..it’s heavier than these other vehicles?

Just trying to make sense of your theory that the H2 is a gas guzzling equivalent of an alcoholic and his vodka. :shock: There are a lot of vehicles on the road that suck gas just as fast if not worse than an H2.

The Dodge Ram 1500, Chevy SSR, Silverado, Toyota Tundra, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, even the Nissan Armada sucks gas just as bad as the H2 but I don’t see anyone complaining about these vehicles.

Shep
There are other cars out there the suck more than the H2. I HATE them all! The H2 is one of those cars that seems to take the hole thing to extreme. On the CNN website there was an article about a new truck that will dwarf the current leader in enormouse SUV's. They expect to sell 50 of these next year ... but the leader of extremely huge SUV's is the H2.

Am I being fair about my hatred of the H2? Probably not. From what I've read, you are a defensive driver and think about people around you. I admire that very much! We need more people like that. Here is something that happened to me because of someone who does not drive defensively. This would not have been as big a problem if a smaller car was infront of me:

I was driving on the freeway about 60 MPH. The H2 infront of me started to break, so I hit my break as well. At the last minute, the H2 makes a fast lane change to reveal to me a car infront of him that was doing about 20 MPH (at this point I was doing about 40). Luckily, I had left enough room to slow down before I hit this car. If the H2 had spent more time slowing down and less time trying to get out of the lane while maintaining as much speed as possible, there would have been no problem (he would have breaked harder and so would I). If the car infront of me had not been an SUV or truck, I would have seen the situation through the windows of the car in front of me.

This was not an isolated incodent, just the one that scared me the most. It has happend too many times with other SUV's (most of them were not H2's).

So between the poor gas millage and the large sizes, I hate all SUV's. The H2 tops the list because of my own pregidices (sp?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.