Toyota Prius Forum banner

Fuel Note

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  RealAle 
#1 ·
I have about 2500 wonderfull miles on my Prius. Up until the last tank full I was using Mobil (yes I know that they are an evil company) gas. My wife said to me that maybe I should try the no name station down the road because its 10 cents cheaper. Well I did and so far into this tank (3 PIP till empty thank God) I have been getting 44.4 ~ 44.7 cant get above that number. I have checked the tire 42/40, drove the same speed and the same route, the temp has been warmer by about 10 ~ 15 deg. My gut feeling is telling me its the fuel. Is this true has anyone else found this to be true?

#2 ·
When we first purchased our new car and truck in December 2004 the fuel of choice was mid grade major brands. After a short while I switched and use the cheapest, no name fuel that I can find in the Prius and Tacoma, and find no difference in milage from the major brands. :D

#7 ·
I've used many brands of gas, I couldn't tell if there was a difference.

There are so many variables (weather, traffic, routes travelled, my mood, tires, etc.) affecting mileage that unless you can control all of them, you can't tell what caused your mileage to drop.

Give the no name gas a few more chances before condeming it. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.