Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Driftwood Pearl (5,600 mi) is an early VIN eligible for both Meter and Filler Pipe replacements. I get the fuel gauge blinking bar at about 320± miles and can usually squeeze in about 8 gals into the 11.9 gal tank. The gas tank range was one of my reasons for joining the Prius Owners Culture. Anyone in Dallas area had TSB EL010-04 done and could relate your experience and recommend the dealer? I would much prefer to have it done by a dealer who has actually done the procedure one or more times.

THANKS !! :lol: Charles Suitt - Dallas TX

I LOVE THIS REMARKABLE MACHINE

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This could get interesting...

I called the Service Manager at Richardson Toyota (Dallas TX area) today regarding the "Fuel Gauge Inaccuracy" TSB (EL010-04). He printed out a copy and proposes to order the parts tomorrow (Tue 11/16). It appears that this dealer has not done this TSB previously. He also was checking on the LSC-40J (updated Nav DVD).

I will keep the PriusOnline group updated on my experiences.

:roll: -Chrles Suitt- Dallas TX

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:roll: I called off on the TSB "Fuel Gauge Inaccuracy" since Richardson Toyota (Dallas area) did not indicate they had ever done this TSB before. There are several other Dealers to consider... and I do have about 30K miles on the warranty.

As involved as this TSB is, I don't wish to be a Guinea pig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts