Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
I took my 04 in and had the work done, haven't seen any noticeable improvement. Last week I was driving to Kansas City and after about 390 miles on the tank of gas, the last bar started flashing and it beeped. I stopped and put in 3 gallons of gas, enough to get me to KC but when I started out again the last bar was still blinking. I stopped, shut down completely and started again, still blinking. I reset trip meter B so I'd know how far I'd driven and went on. When I filled up in Kansas City, about 70 miles later, It only take about 7.5 gallons. The fuel gauge is not completely worthless but it's close. The trip meter is what I go by.

· Registered
37 Posts
As for still blinking at 3 gallons, it should indicate the new level after putting in 2.5 gallons, but even 3 gallons might keep the original displayed level. It might have gone up one or 2 bars if you had put in 4 gallons.[/quote]

Adding 3 gallons to a 10 gallon tank should have made it go up to a third of a tank, at least 3 bars. That's what I'm complaining about, that what should be 3 bars is one blinking bar. My 1950 Studebaker has a more accurate fuel gauge that the Prius. The Prius is still a great car but you'd think they could make fuel gauge work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.