Toyota Prius Forum banner

Fuel gauge problem solved?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  windsurfdog 
#1 ·
Just filled up my Tideland 7 for the first time. It was showing 2 segments and I had driven about 25 miles on the second segment when I filled. It took 9.98 gallons. Ambient temp was about 80 degrees. Born on date is 03/04 and last 5 digits of vin are 58812. This seems just about right in my book. You think Toyota has addressed the problem? BTW, the first segment lasted about 114 miles.

G
#3 ·
Hi Windsurfdog:

___There is a newer member by the nick of Hiltonious and his Prius nicknamed of all things, Hiltononius Prius over at Greenhybrid.com reporting > 11 gallon fillups over the last two tanks in 50 to 60 degree F temps. You might want to PM him and ask for his build date and VIN and such.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1blzr857]Waynegerdes@earthlink.net[/email:1blzr857]

#5 ·
To Dion.....DUHHH. I wasn't saying a thing about linear........the first segment mileage doesn't differ from most cars I've owned. If you would follow previous threads, you would see those that have 7-8 gallon fillups with 2 or fewer segments showing hence my post.

To everyone else, I'm guessing either the warmer ambient temps or maybe some Toyota adjustments account for the increased accuracy. I'll indeed keep my ear close to the ground and report what I hear. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.