Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Millenium silver Prius (package 5) is due to be delivered sometimes this coming week. I test drove a fully loaded one a few month ago and got on the waiting list. My wife has not driven it and will take a test drive when the car gets in. I do not recall if the front seats have any height adjustments ( I am afraid they don't). My wife always needs to raise her seat in our Camry so I am concerned that the seat position will not be suited for her. Do the front seats have height adjustments? If not has this presented a problem ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've never had a car with height adjustments, but the Prius is quite satisfactory for short people like me. I can adjust the steering wheel, move the seat forward, and the visibility is just fine. Hope your wife is pleased as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My 5'1"-tall spouse says the seat height is fine for her, and often remarks at at the superiority of the Prius' forward visibility to that of our previous car. She puts the seat forward. She also adjusts the steering wheel down - more to be safe from the airbag than for comfort. She is descended from a long line of expert worriers.

I used to adjust the steering wheel back up, but, being descended from a long line of lazy bums, I have now learned to drive with it in the lower position. :!:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The seats don't have height adjustment but the seats are placed fairly high

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Wow, Hyp and I agree on something! The seats are a matter of personal fit and taste. I fit the seat fine, and like the stiffness. I am 6' with long legs, though, and moving the seat back for my legs places the steering wheel too far away for comfort. I compromise and am not 100% comfortable all the time. Removing my shoes lets me skootch a little closer for my arm comfort. The wheel adajustment does little and a telescoping function would solve the remaining problem for me. It's 100% better than my Regal, which had cushy seats but were backbreaking and even farther from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
919 Posts
coloradospringsprius said:
My 5'1"-tall spouse says the seat height is fine for her, and often remarks at at the superiority of the Prius' forward visibility to that of our previous car. She puts the seat forward. She also adjusts the steering wheel down - more to be safe from the airbag than for comfort. She is descended from a long line of expert worriers.

I used to adjust the steering wheel back up, but, being descended from a long line of lazy bums, I have now learned to drive with it in the lower position. :!:
Long line of worriers re your wife? Long line of lazy bums on your side? We'v GOT to be related.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The seats are fine. There's a wide variety of cushions available if someone wants a little extra height. IMHO do not let lack of seat height adjustments prevent you from getting this wonderful car. 8)

·
Registered
420 Posts
evander said:
coloradospringsprius said:

Long line of worriers re your wife? Long line of lazy bums on your side? We'v GOT to be related.
AND we both own Priuses, and are both satisfied with the seat height! What are the odds of that??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts