Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2005 Prius arrived with a front license plate bracket. I've removed it since we do not have front plates in Florida. My question is, what can I plug those unsightly holes with?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would question the dealer on this. It should come with no holes (just two small dimples) in the bumber with the plate mount bagged and in the hatch. Then states where the front plate is required, they put the bracket on, the mounting screws go into the bumper through the small dimples.

When we got ours, we waited for the plates to come, then the bracket was mounted (MN requires a front plate). If I lived in a state that didn't require front plates, I wouldn't want to have the holes in the bumper either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If there are no plugs found that meet your satisfaction, perhaps you could introduce to the bumper a third hole that sits slightly lower and centered between the existing two... Followed by a line of similar holes arching upward on both ends in an upwards fashion, located below the third hole, would be a wise and happy substitute.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Seven7 said:
If there are no plugs found that meet your satisfaction, perhaps you could introduce to the bumper a third hole that sits slightly lower and centered between the existing two... Followed by a line of similar holes arching upward on both ends in an upwards fashion, located below the third hole, would be a wise and happy substitute.
It took a bit to draw the mental picture. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts