Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an '04 Prius that I, of course, love. But, I find it lacks enough front leg room. It's strange to me because there is plenty of leg room in the back seat, even with the front seat all the way back.

Why didn't Toyota make the front seat go back further?
Is there any modification I can make so that it does go back further?

Thanks a lot,
Joe

·
Registered
457 Posts
How tall are you Joe..?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pants inseam may be a better question for leg requirements.

I'm 6'0" with a 30" inseam, and I find enough leg room to keep me happy...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I rarely ask a guy about his inseam.. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried on an '05 this morning. I'm 6' 7". The guy at the dealership moved the seat all the way back but didn't make any adjustments up or down. I could fit & it was semi-comfortable. I'm still unsure if I'm going to get one or not. :?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Barkingowl said:
I tried on an '05 this morning. I'm 6' 7". The guy at the dealership moved the seat all the way back but didn't make any adjustments up or down. I could fit & it was semi-comfortable. I'm still unsure if I'm going to get one or not. :?
FYI -

The reason the salesguy didn't make any up or down adjustments on the seat is because there is none. The seats only go forward and back. It seems the seats are the weak link in an otherwise pretty good chain. I personally don't have a problem with them and have driven long distances without any undue pain or soreness. Of course, I'm only 5'10".

DGStan

·
Registered
344 Posts
as far as leg length, I have a 32 inch inseam. (yes, tall for a girl, aren't I?) I put the seat in the farthest-back position and am quite happy with it. much taller and I don't think it would be far back enough!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm 5'6", and I drive with the seat all the way back. I did in my Camrys, too, and the Buick before that. Trouble with Little Prius is, I cannot comfortably reach the top of the steering wheel. So, I drive from the bottom, since it's angled slightly toward me. Of course, my arms never reach armrests in cars or on chairs, and sleeves always flap over my fingertips. It's a curse. Oh well. But I do wish there was a bit of telescope in the steering wheel. Just a couple of inches would do.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm 5'6", and I drive with the seat all the way back.
Somebody had to ask: WHY..?
How bout distance from the foot pedals..? Can you use the steering wheel buttons..? I tried it. I'm 5-9 and with the seat all the way back I don't feel in control of the car.
No criticism intended here. Whatver spins your prop but.................

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
JDavies said:
I'm 5'6", and I drive with the seat all the way back.
Somebody had to ask: WHY..?
How bout distance from the foot pedals..? Can you use the steering wheel buttons..? I tried it. I'm 5-9 and with the seat all the way back I don't feel in control of the car.
No criticism intended here. Whatver spins your prop but.................
I can reach the pedals just fine. And I can reach the top of the steering wheel safely, and operate the buttons. I just prefer not to drive with my arms straight out. I prefer resting them on my leg or on the window ledge. I don't feel unsafe. What, perhaps, you are not considering is that I don't recline the seat back, but drive with it relatively upright.

No one needed to ask "why??" unless he felt compelled to do so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts