Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have UK Prius 2004 and I am wondering is that possible to change the front lamps beam direction (just like in my friends' BMW) to be fine in France?
Is there any switch or something that adjusts the light beam direction?

·
Registered
215 Posts
TheRookie said:
I have UK Prius 2004 and I am wondering is that possible to change the front lamps beam direction (just like in my friends' BMW) to be fine in France?
Is there any switch or something that adjusts the light beam direction?

I'm in the US, but are you referring to high beams aka "Brights"? DO different countries require different things from headlights even though you are all connected? I understand speed limits and sides of the road, but to have to modify your headlights seems a bit much

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bradca21

but to have to modify your headlights seems a bit much
Well... don't forget about the right/left hand side steering wheel :) In the UK headlamps are set slightly to the left and in Europe these set to the right. So you need to use beam converters in order not to get upcoming traffic drivers completely blind because of your headlamps.

mrv

Many thanks for that! There is just one thing I don't get - the pictures shows some sort of Toyota partnumber, and my local Toyota dealer is not aware of anything like that. :cry:
On the other hand, it is looks like I can go to DIY store and buy some sort of thermalproof insulating tape and use it instead.

Although I was hoping for more elegant solution (kind of "press this button three times while holding that button for 10 sec") but it is still OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts