Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the front bumper dent really easily on the Prius?

Unfortunately for me, I just figured this out the other day. I was at my local mall taking a left into a spot. The spot next to me was filled up by an H2 overflowing onto both sides of where it was parked. Well, I took the turn too wide and my front right bumper hit the rear left tire of the H2. It was a slight bump and I was going about 3 - 5 mph. I get out of my car and the bumper is dented. It was all pushed in.

Of course the H2 was fine. I mean, it is a tank after all.

But I couldn't believe it could get pushed in so easily.

On a side note, the dent is hollow and about the size of a softball. It is perfectly rounded and looks like it could be popped back out. What are my options for fixing this besides going to a body shop?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Bumper cover is plastic and flexes easily. If the plastic isn't stretched/scratched/cracked, should be easily fixed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on my Lexus. I was backing up at about two miles and hour and I just stopped moving. I had backed into a pickup truck that had a huge rear bumper that extended about eight inches beyond that tailgate. I wasn't even aware I had done any damage since I was going so slow when I hit it, but I had a big round dent at the corner of the bumper. I took it to one of those Dent Doctor (or whatever they're called) places and they fixed it in around 30 mintues for about $100. You can't tell that it happened.

·
Registered
22 Posts
milesahead said:
I had the same thing happen to me on my Lexus. I was backing up at about two miles and hour and I just stopped moving. I had backed into a pickup truck that had a huge rear bumper that extended about eight inches beyond that tailgate. I wasn't even aware I had done any damage since I was going so slow when I hit it, but I had a big round dent at the corner of the bumper. I took it to one of those Dent Doctor (or whatever they're called) places and they fixed it in around 30 mintues for about $100. You can't tell that it happened.
You could try a drain plunger with the suction cup that is used to unblock a basin drain. Press it over the dent to expel the air and gentle try and coax the dent out by pulling on the handle until the dent pops.
Cheaper than $100.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scaught you are right. At first I though no way. Then I went out to the car and with one swift kick, dent. I never would have believed it. I guess seeing is believing. Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
I already knew the answer to that one because I have the Package 6 with the CCBB option. As soon as you drive into the water, the wheels fold up and airbags inflate all around the car. Then the propeller pops out of the tail end and away you go. :p I haven't taken any pictures yet but it looks a little something like this http://www.ianflemingcentre.com/images/chitty3.gif[/url]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts