Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I love the rear view mirrow shot! Tres bien! 8)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
A parade of Prii! (A parade is a larger group than just a clutch)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Mon dieu! Il y a beaucoup des Priuses.

Qu'est-ce que l'importance des trois premiers nombres dans la plaque minéralogique?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Tideland Prius said:

Qu'est-ce que l'importance des trois premiers nombres dans la plaque minéralogique?
I believe the last two numbers refer to the location. 75 is Paris. I would assume the first numbers and letters are random series.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Comment dit-on "MPG junkie" en francais?

Aussi: les "vertes" sont "grises"!

·
Registered
165 Posts
How did they manage to find parking?????????????????????
They were nice enough with the policemen (and reciprocally) to get there for a few minutes only... :wink:
Comment dit-on "MPG junkie" en francais?
"accro à la conso" maybe ?

This was the very first Prius gathering in France (where Diesel cars asphyxiate cities :cry: ). Hope is growing.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The pics are great, and I applaud the effort that went into the entire Parade of Prii.

But is that normal in France ? I mean everybody speaking French ?... all the time.? How do they understand each other ?

(Now dont anybody get mad, just having a little international language fun.) :lol:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
frenchie said:
They were nice enough with the policemen (and reciprocally) to get there for a few minutes only... :wink:
[quote:11swflzj]Comment dit-on "MPG junkie" en francais?

This was the very first Prius gathering in France (where Diesel cars asphyxiate cities :cry: ). Hope is growing.[/quote:11swflzj]

There are no MPG junkies in France. The French are smart. They obsess over important stuff: food, wine, love...the MPG is just a way of getting from one to the other :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
An04Prius said:
frenchie said:
[quote:3fomnqnn]Comment dit-on "MPG junkie" en francais?

This was the very first Prius gathering in France (where Diesel cars asphyxiate cities :cry: ). Hope is growing.
There are no MPG junkies in France. The French are smart. They obsess over important stuff: food, wine, love...the MPG is just a way of getting from one to the other :D[/quote:3fomnqnn]

Guess if you have a Hummer you don't actually have to move it. All of the above would fit inside. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
En tout cas, ils aiment les voitures grises et noires en France! Je n'ai remarqué qu'une voiture d'une autre couleur dans les photos...

C'est vraiment remarquable qu'ils ont pu stationner comme cela!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
C'est oui. Je pense que le couleur est «Tideland», mais il semble d'être gris.

Hmm, I think there's an error in my statement lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hep said:
Tideland Prius said:

I believe the last two numbers refer to the location. 75 is Paris. I would assume the first numbers and letters are random series.
It's not random numbers, the first one was 1 A 75; and now it's about
785 QXT 75. It began in the 50'.
We soon will have a random number, like every other country, or quite !

·
Registered
610 Posts
:!: Just back from 2 weeks in: Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Only saw ONE Prius on the road, none in dealerships, although there were billboards here and there. Seems at $4.00 - $5.00/gallon or more, they'd be clamoring for the savings.

:idea: By the way, our Prius sat undriven for those two weeks with no ill effect. I had "turned off" the SE/SS system (I think!... pushed the button under the steering post but the keyless system still worked - button must be disconnected...).

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:!: Just back from 2 weeks in: Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Only saw ONE Prius on the road, none in dealerships, although there were billboards here and there. Seems at $4.00 - $5.00/gallon or more, they'd be clamoring for the savings.

:idea: By the way, our Prius sat undriven for those two weeks with no ill effect. I had "turned off" the SE/SS system (I think!... pushed the button under the steering post but the keyless system still worked - button must be disconnected...).
Sure you didn't just forget to lock it?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
ChasSuitt said:

With the Smart system turned off, your 2004+ Prius acts like a base 2004+ Prius - you can use the remote keyless entry to lock/unlock your car, and to drive you have to put the fob into the dash. If Smart was still on, then when you approached your Prius the interior lights would come on, and you'd only have to touch the door handles to unlock it. Remote keyless entry will only turn on the lights after you've pressed the fob button.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts