Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-knowing posters---Has anyone else been offered a free paint sealant application every 6 months from the dealer? When I responded to the notice it seemed legit.
Process will take 2 hours, I assume no extra cash. Worthwhile?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I would probably try and find out what they actually do and apply.
But for free, as long as it isn't harmful, you can't go wrong.

Read the fine print though. For my free tires for life, I have to do all maintenance at the dealer of purchase. Hopefully that doesn't mean the inflated, unneccessary stuff dealers try to sell you at 10, 15, and 30K.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The "paint sealant" option is a little bottle of 'Toyo Guard" that you get with the car (if you are sold this inane dealer mark-up as I was). It is actually a pretty decent wax, easy to put on and off, and lasts a while. You can probably get the same thing at pep-boys for under $10, though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you DanMan and ryecatcher. No mention of this offer was made at purchase of my car, but I'll give it a try. I'll look for fine print too. I've always been taught that "you can't get something for nothing." We'll see.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
evander said:
Thank you DanMan and ryecatcher. No mention of this offer was made at purchase of my car, but I'll give it a try. I'll look for fine print too. I've always been taught that "you can't get something for nothing." We'll see.
That will be $12 for the advice.

:wink:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hep said:
evander said:

That would be 2 gallons of gas for each of them. (Do you get a percentage, Hep?)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
evander said:
Hep said:
evander said:

That would be 2 gallons of gas for each of them. (Do you get a percentage, Hep?)
I take my pint off the top.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hep said:
evander said:
Hep said:
evander said:

You mean you can top off with the Prius?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
evander said:
Hep said:
evander said:
Hep said:
evander said:

You mean you can top off with the Prius?
Don't even pretend to go there!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just returned from sealant reapplication. Car looks gorgeous. Of course, I can't remember paying for the extra exterior and interior protection which is offered every 6 months for 3 years. I looked through all my papers, and still no explanation. The service manager speculated that it was included in the package--news to me--and basically said don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Who me?
FYI, I asked about installing the rear camera offered on 2006 models onto mine. He thought the technology wouldn't allow for it. As to the tire pressure indicator, he advised against it. Said all it would measure is the "evenness" of the tires and that an uneven load on one side of the car would be indicated, not lower tire pressure. Hep, this is unsolicited advice, but maybe worth a pint?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts