Toyota Prius Forum banner

Is the 2004 Prius a "Grandma Car"?

• Yeah, I don't think anyone but my granny would drive one...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no. My grandma probably couldn't figure out half the stuff on this car...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 74895&rd=1

This link leads to probably the best salesperson statement, assuming he holds his end, I have ever seen. If I lived in his area, I would have been happy to go to him... The text from the ad is copied onto here, since the ebay link will eventually go away...

Be a Smart Buyer!!
Don't pay sticker price for a used Prius with 9,000 miles on it!
Don't pay $3000 over MSRP for a new Prius!
Don't pay $1500 for someone's place on a waiting list!
These are all offers that currently are listed on eBay for Toyota's new 2004 Prius model. Sure it's a great car but you are buying one to save money, right? It doesn't make sense to purchase a Prius to save at the gas pump if you have to pay way too much to get one!
Right now Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC is taking orders for the 2005 model Prius. They are being sold at Toyota's Suggested Retail Price. You can order whatever color and option package you like. You get a new 2005 model. We don't make you purchase a paint protection package. We don't have a additional mark-up sticker because of market or demand conditions. You don't even have to pay $169 for floor mats ( unless you want to ).
Please call or email CARL at Rice Toyota if you have any questions or would like to order your new 2005 Toyota Prius.

CARL 1-800-849-7423 [email protected]

Your bid on this auction allows you the opportunity to order a new 2005 Toyota Prius. This auction is NOT for the sale of a new Toyota vehicle. PLEASE DO NOT BID THINKING YOU CAN WIN A NEW CAR FOR $1.00 !!

Please call CARL for your price quote or if you have any questions! Thanks for looking!
CARL 1-800-849-7423 [email protected]

There's also some guy currently on eBay advertising the 2004 Prius as a "Grandma car" LOL What a jackass!

·
Registered
19 Posts
your car!

hey i noticed you are in Long Beach and that you have a black #9, which is the exact car i want. do you mind telling me what dealer you used, and what you had to pay, etc? How long did you wait?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: your car!

pshady said:
hey i noticed you are in Long Beach and that you have a black #9, which is the exact car i want. do you mind telling me what dealer you used, and what you had to pay, etc? How long did you wait?
Thanks for your help!
Hi. Does that mean you're in Long Beach also. I could show it to you.

I bought it at Elmore Toyota in Westminster (Near Huntington Beach) I will however caution that they basically scammed me into paying more as they told me it was all money I'd be getting back from the government. Well, of the $3000 I was told I'd get back I saw about $375. I do hear from time to time that they do have a pretty easy time getting hold of them, but be prepared to pay over MSRP. My total owed to the dealership (I paid cash) was $32,767 and change. That included taxes, title, etc etc etc.
Although I'm not aware of their wait time, I have since gone to Toyota of Long Beach (at the traffic circle). http://www.toyotaoflongbeach.com I didn't buy from them so I don't get some of the perks, but I'm not too worried. I have chosen to boycott Elmore Toyota and short of them saying they will give me back the $$ they conned out of me I will never go there, nor refer anyone to it again.
If you haven't test driven, I would recommend calling the Toyota at the Cerritos Auto Square. I test drove in early November (took possession in December at Elmore after 1 month wait) and Cerritos had me under the impression they were holding onto one they would never sell so that they would have one that they could always have available for test drives.

Keep in touch or feel free to contact me if you have any more Q's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts