Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on occassion, I've forgotten to hit the park button before hitting the power button to shut down the car. When that happens, I see the park button light up briefly, then the car shuts down. Since it's all computer-controlled anyway, does it matter whether the park button is used anyway?

Louie

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Probably not. I get the big red triangle sometimes, but I think it's because I've either clicked out of my seatbelt and/or opened the door before hitting park. When I punch out the power button, it shuts off, and I never have any trouble restarting it afterward.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Park

I agree with Spence. It's in the owner's manual that you can save a step and just hit the Power button and skip pushing the Park button. Good thing too. A guy could get worn out having to push the park button AND the Power button. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Park

KURT said:
It's in the owner's manual...
Ya know, I should just take an afternoon and read through the manual. Reading PriusOnline and other sites, I feel like I don't need to be doing that. :)

KURT said:
Good thing too. A guy could get worn out having to push the park button AND the Power button. :wink:
Well, I forget sometimes! :wink:

Thanks, y'all!
Louie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.