Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been lurking on this site since I first decided to get a Prius (I got my '04 Seaside Pearl in December and I adore it.) But that's not why I am posting today.

I was driving home from work today and very close to my neighborhood, I saw TWO Ford Escape Hybrids on the road! They both had "manufacturer plates" from Michigan (of course). I was stunned to see them, and immediately started wondering what they were doing here. (I live in Las Vegas, not exactly a tree-hugging town.)

Any thoughts?

Suz

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ford seems to have determined that this is the best way to produce more hybrids. Apparently they took one to Las Vegas, got lucky, :shock: and then there were two. Lucky they brought an extra plate from Michigan! [j/k]

Seriously, new vehicles have to be tested. And if the only difference is the power plant, an Escape can usually blend in and go to work. Apparently these were clearly marked, so it was a planned showing in a rather thinly populated area (compared to California and Michigan).

And you were unable to see what cargo they had on board. Photo shoot? Camping? Both?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: Very funny with the reproducing cars. . .

I couldn't see anything that they had on board, but each vehicle had two people in it, and both vehicles were dirty, so they had clearly been driving around for awhile. They had a little silver "HYBRID" thingie on the back of the vehicle, on the opposite side of the "ESCAPE" silver thingie, and I was driving right behind the 2nd one. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to get home, feed the dog and get back to work, otherwise I probably would have tailed them until they stopped and asked them questions.

I think that road testing is the most logical explanation. My husband has had a Ford Explorer for almost 10 years, and was going to wait to trade it in for the Escape Hybrid, but he is so envious of my '04 Prius, that I think he will be getting an '05 Prius!!

Thanks for the reply, MUGlover!
Suz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts