Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, John:

Just in case nobody has done so in recent days...

...I wanted to say thank you for your efforts on your website at http://john1701a.com . I could have done this with an email or a PM, but I think it's important for people to be aware of the impact you have had on so many of us, and our decisions to purchase hybrids, regardless of manufacturer, model, or option package.

Yes, even though I have had my Prius for nearly three months now, I still consult your photo gallery and web logs at least a couple of times each month, just to get "caught up." And of course, I just wanted you to know that your ongoing time and effort is STILL appreciated.

By the way, your photos are outstanding; particularly the recent sunset photos on "page 77".

A huge thanks from the bottom of my heart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
JOHN

Thanks alot dude you deserve more kudos than a thank you could give. GOOD JOB

I am interested in more movies on the NEW prius like you made of the old prius.... if you get time that is :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I echo these sentiments. Just yesterday I downloaded your Prius user guide and learned a lot about how to get my car MPG up and used your advice on a trip today and brought my MPG up to 48.

Thanks a billion and keep up the good work. It is invaluable.

Jill

·
Registered
215 Posts
john1701a said:
You're Welcome!

There's quite a supply of unpublished photos still on the way too. So keep checking the website from time to time.

Here's a teaser of what I added today...

So John, when snow falls on a warmed up Prius it MAKES those crop circle lookin things, or did you do that?
I know some say the Prius looks like a spaceship, but crop circles on the hood prove it!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Crop Circles?

No, actually that happened around the Prius. Look carefully in the background. You'll see how I circled the Prius (my footprints), making progressively smaller ones each time. That way, I could leave as much of the snow as undisturbed as possible.

I parked outside, knowing the late falling snow would blanket the Prius. Then I went to bed. In the middle of the night, I got up to play outside with the digital camera, a 6-foot ladder, and an umbrella... with the hope that no one would notice. But after 179 flashes, I bet someone did. (It was obviously worth it though.)

The marks on the hood are a natural occurrence. Those are the contact points where the insulation underneath is secured.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, John:

...I wanted to say thank you for your efforts on your website at http://john1701a.com . I could have done this with an email or a PM, but I think it's important for people to be aware of the impact you have had on so many of us, and our decisions to purchase hybrids, regardless of manufacturer, model, or option package.

Yes, even though I have had my Prius for nearly three months now, I still consult your photo gallery and web logs at least a couple of times each month, just to get "caught up." And of course, I just wanted you to know that your ongoing time and effort is STILL appreciated."

I agree with BIF. I just visited this website tonight--- and it is TERRIFIC and quite informative! Thank you!

By the way, your photos are outstanding; particularly the recent sunset photos on "page 77".

A huge thanks from the bottom of my heart.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BIF said:
Hi, John:

...I wanted to say thank you for your efforts on your website at http://john1701a.com .

JOHN, WOULD YOU CONSIDER WRITING A BUNCH OF EASY-TO-FOLLOW-DIRECTIONS FOR THE DARN DVD-MAY STUFF? I told the car the zone where I live. But often it will not locate the address at all-- or it will give me choices in another state. Cute. Alaso, have you mastered the voice recognition stuff? (What a follish question-- you have probably mastered it all!!!!) Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry, I have a huge backlog of Prius work to do still. NAV stuff is pretty low on the priority list, especially since not everyone has it.

Fortunately, the work is proceeding well. This evening, I finally finished applying all the comments people contributed for the USER-GUIDE. But of course, that will generate new feedback. And there are a few updates I've had on the back-burner too.

Thank goodness I mix in some really fun stuff here & there too. Did you see the latest sunset photos yet...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would like to add my voice of thanks. Having your work as a resource along with reports of 100-200 K Prii pushed me over the top in my decision making process.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would also voice my thanks to John 1701 :)

It isn't too often where you see a labor of love toward a vehicle like johns site that is presented in an informative manner. I also wanted to say thank you for providing that information as I appreciate having just such a resource available at my fingertips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Me too! I have a copy of your user guide in my car - Your site has been a great source of information and I really appreciate the time and energy you put into it...

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
515 Posts
You're welcome... and a word of warning.

I have found it intriguing from time to time to look up myself on a search engine. As the popularity of Prius grows, so does the list of hits. Unfortunately, that isn't necessarily a good thing. Last night, I learned the hard way.

The result of clicking on a unknown link resulted in a flurry of pop-up windows and a few that tried to hide themselves from detection. Needless to say, I couldn't make heads or tails out of what was happening. There was simply too much variety all at once. Literally pulling the plug on my compute would have been the best choice. I didn't though.

This morning I discovered new links on my computer and a highly suspicious executable file. The killer though was my dial-up connection. The username, password, and phone-number had been altered. Having noticed that, I altered the connection parameters back to the values I have originally setup. Immediately after testing that, I witnessed those values changing back.

Clearly, my computer had been infected by a virus... despite the fact that my virus definitions were only 10 days old. Thankfully, I had backed up that entire partition onto DVD just 3 days earlier and I was able to quickly dump a copy of my email onto a CompactFlash card. So after just a hour, I was up-and-running again as if nothing had happened. I didn't lose anything. Phew!

Unfortunately, I fear for my friends interested in Prius now. My online id has become popular enough to draw attention, giving those with evil intent another way to attack the innocent. Bummer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
john1701a said:
John, what browser do you use? From the sounds of it you are using IE (though that is just a guess on my part). I would highly suggest downloading the Firefox browser (it will import your favorites so no worry there).

Mainly why I suggest this as something you should seriously look into is because it has popup blocking and tabbed browsing built into it. You wouldn't have encountered the headache that you did if you had popup blocking.

Sorry to hear about you having to go through all of that

:(

That is never any fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts