Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 2005 Prius since May and already have 10200 miles on her. Performs great, but only 44MPG average so far.

Shortly after buying the Prius I noticed that one of my fog lamps had a caught a rock and was cracked. Since then the crack has spread and it will need to be replaced. I have the #6 package with the HID headlamps and would like a set that has the blue tint like the HID's. Anyone know of an aftermarket lamp that will fit the front grill. They want $350.00 for them at Toyota, and I'm not paying that much for a fog Light.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also cracked my driver's side fog lamp ('04) and will replace it at the dealer next week. However, my quote was $132! A far cry from $350. Do some research before you schedule this repair. Also, I know it's just a fog light, but be careful about any non-Toyota parts as they may void your warrantee.

Susan
04 silver BC
29,000 miles
48mpg this tank

·
Registered
581 Posts
I did a cursory 'Google' search and found several outlets for after market, non-Toyota lamps

I searched: HID+fog+lamp and also blue+HID+fog+lamp

I don't see any cheaper than $350...

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Posts about fog lamps being so vulnerable to cracks has me concerned. Is there any aftermarket grill to protect them? Or might that interfere with its function which already seems marginal?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I think Nate made one. There's an applicee you can purchase and put on it, but I honestly don't know how effective that would be.
There is also the theory that the cracks may also be thermal related rather than impact related, but it is hard to tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts