Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know who or where you can get Fog lights installed on a Prius with Package #2

Call me (571) 276-7548

Tom Quinn :wink:
Internet Sales

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Besides the fog light assembly, which I believe I heard there is one/some on Ebay, you may need the lower grill to accomodate the fogs.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Besides the fog light assembly, which I believe I heard there is one/some on Ebay, you may need the lower grill to accomodate the fogs.
And you might need some fog, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sanny said:
And you might need some fog, too.
Hmmm. does that come with package two as well? Geeze, Toyota thinks of everything! *grin*

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Assuming you want to stay OEM, you also need a replacement combination switch (the stalk on the steering wheel that also controls headlights), relays, fuses, and wiring harness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prius Fog Lights

I absolutely love my Prius, but one of my complaints is that I find the fog lights to be too small to be effective. The fog lights on the Mercedes I owned did make a huge difference when driving in foggy weather - but these do not. If i were you I would not go to any major expense to have them installed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well hopefully someone found out eventually, how to put either the factory types on or installed aftermarkets...I'm only needing a source for 12 volt power that can handle 20amps max without going directly to the battery with a "tap"and to determine if its detrimental to any normal operations of the car running such lamps......DanMan32/others...?...any ideas before I go buy the $200+ tech manual for the bloody schematics?

Please see new post on this subject in tech forum....probably ran "posters" off due to a re-hash of an old subject...should have "labeled" it different.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, considering the halogens use 55 watts each, and the HIDs use 35, you probably can use the same fuses the original halogens used.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Fog Lites

Anyone out there know who or where you can get Fog lights installed on a Prius with Package #2
I would think a good Toyota dealer could order and install the fog lights.
BUT... As ACTUAL fog lights go, the OEM's are worthless. With the HID's burning a hole in the road, you can't even tell when you switch on the fog lights. My glove box flash light is just about as bright.
If want em for whatever cosmetic value that's another story. ~JD~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts