Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
978 Posts
When someone on this site called my attention to it, I examined my fog lights and found each lens had an impact crack...like you see when a BB or small sharp stone hits glass. Mine did not look like your straight line cracks in your photo.

I ordered and installed plastic shields from Clear Guard 814-763-1550.

They are two flexible plastic-like disks that are installed over the glass on the fog lamps. I paid $10. for what they call 04/05 Prius Fog Light Kit.

That was several months ago, so far no more cracks.

I believe the fog lights are in a particularly vulnerable area of the car subject to debris, rocks that are kicked up by traffic. I felt $10. is well worth it if it might prevent an expensive fog lamp lens replacement.

What is the 3M Stoneguard like...similar ??

· Registered
978 Posts
bshef said:
Anyone put this kit on yet......from reading their website info....looks like a pain in the A$$.....
$15.95 for the covers but then all the crap to put in on with? sigh! :cry:
When I bought it and installed it around Feb 05, it cost me, as I said, $10. from Clear Guard. The kit I got was two flexible plastic discs just slightly smaller than the fog lamp lenses, and a small smoothing tool to help installation. They are placed on the fog lamp lens with water.

I remember putting them on was fairly easily. The instructions were clear and understandable to me.

· Registered
978 Posts
Sanny said:
So simple, a polar bear can do it. Look ma, no hands!! (just paws) :)
Actually, it was a short enough project that I didn't have to pause... until I was finished.

· Registered
978 Posts
One of my small gripes about the Prius is that there should be a dashboard indicator that the fog lamps are on. If there is room for a snowflake... :wink:

· Registered
978 Posts
coloradospringsprius said:
... we finally got a little fog (which is almost unheard-of here).
I got my granddaughter a little frog, too. I'm surprised Colorado Springs doesn't have frogs. Maybe you started something. Does it get along with the cat ?:wink:

(hey, I'm just an old guy having some fun)

· Registered
978 Posts
coloradospringsprius said:
an Ornate Box Turtle moved into our yard for a couple of months. That was a treat!
A treat, huh? Did it taste like chicken ? :?

I know, I know, I'll never learn :( (It takes so little to amuse myself.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.