Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: The "05" is a year and 2 months old and I now have 28K plus miles. Still doing great at an average of 43 MPG and due for a new set of tires next week. Just had the windows tinted and it looks great!!

I need to replace the passenger side fog light and was wondering if anyone had the procedure for doing the replacement. It seems pretty easy, but was looking for a few pics. Could not find any in search.

Also need to know what type of bulb they use (9006 I think??). I'm going to replace them with blue tint to match the HID's. Should make the front look much better at night. Would love to do the mod for the daytime running, but do not feel that confident in my ablility to rip into the dash.

Hope eveyone is loving their Prius as much as I do....

Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
I understand your desire for a nice blue tint, but if you really want them to work well in -fog- the best colour is yellow. Sorry I can't help with replacement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That picture!!!

Is (or was) that a freeking Prius on the trailer?!?! I can't tell. Details...We need details...(Firstly, though, I hope no-one was seriously hurt. That was obviously a severe wreck)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that fog lamps have to be replaced by the dealer. Don't know why unless you have to take the bumper skin off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: That picture!!!

Alphawolf said:
Is (or was) that a freeking Prius on the trailer?!?! I can't tell. Details...We need details...(Firstly, though, I hope no-one was seriously hurt. That was obviously a severe wreck)
:) I found the picture on the net. It was a 2005 Prius and nobody was hurt.

Here is a larger picture;

·
Registered
112 Posts
simple

the bulb for fog lamps are 9006, i replaced my fog lamps on my salvaged prius just inserting it into a already premade hole on the bumper, the fog lamp itself has a retainer that clips into the bumper, you can easily figure it out, the hole has tomatch up with the hole on the fog lamp. Also i bought my fog lamp from http://www.toyotapartspeople.com, choose colllison parts and browse they have part microfiche

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
HID would be extremely challenging. Total rewire, new headlamp assemblies which would include the levelers and the servo for operating the high beam mask, and the level sensor that goes on the rear axle.

Fog lamps might be possible, depending on how that grille is designed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
fog lamps are possible if you get the special fog lamp grilles, the bumper already has premade holes and a "socket" to slip the fog light into. Its simple, theres only one way the fog lamp can go in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.