Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Prius. I can only lock the doors via the inside"lock" button. Using the fob button or pushing the door handle lock button on the outside of the car causes a Long Beeep. We tested both key fobs and changed a fob battery. The fobs work properly in all other instances; they start the car and open the doors as expected. I located the on/off switch under the steering wheel. It is in the on position. I have not driven it for a few days and our weather has been rain, freeze, and sun. I considered the sensor on the door handle may be blocked by moisture or ice and thought of pouring in alcohol, but that sensor works fine for opening the door. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: The answer is that the 12 volt battery was dying. I did not realize it at the time, because the car did start. The next day, however, the car was dead. We found that the rear hatch gasket has been drug off track, which prevented the hatch door from closing. Over several days of freezing weather and this slow power drain, the battery was dying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freezing cold and doorsr on prius 2012 will not open When i press the button on the fog there is the usual sound of the door unlocking.
help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts