Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Prius... a couple years ago I had the recall work done... not sure what it was for, but I remember getting a letter saying it needed something done, so I took it in. I noticed a few months later when I cycled through my FM functions, that my FM TYPE was now missing. I told Toyota about it, but since it had been months since the service (I hardly use that feature and didn't notice it was gone) they wouldn't take responsibility for it and wanted to charge me for servicing it. Again, since I don't use that feature very often I let it be. But of course, now it's bugging me and I want to know if anyone here had/has that problem, or knows what would've caused it.

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it's the RDS feature

Just spent more than 2 brain cells trying to figure out my own problem and realized that when I pressed "RDS Search" it loaded the FM TYPE feature again... the stations must've simply gotten erased when the main battery was serviced. :wink:

·
Registered
86 Posts
On a 2002 Prius, there was a recall related to the steering... I remember having it done.. In the end, they replaced my whole steering rack under warranty.. Some of the models had an issue where the steering wheel would spontaneously go full lock... Twisting your wrist at the same time!!

S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.