Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I didn't know where else to post this other than here for high vis but, here goes:

Some of the central Florida "posters" here and I have been PM conversing as to a Prius meet. The purpose of this post is to allow other owners (and potential owners) time to chime in. If any of you out there are interested in participating in such an event, post back and I will run a list. When the time is set and a place I will either run an update here or contact you via PM or other means. We just feel we need to get a idea on how many would show up befere setting up a meet location.

If this becomes something of a "big deal", I will start an org with a website for this group.... if the turnout and interest is great enough.

DanMan32 (the Prius Wizard) and sub3marathonman have shown interest in this and are in the area not far from the proposed meeting area of Dade City (not etched in stone however) Maybe CoastalDave can bring some of his goodies for on the spot sales.

So if you are interested in shooting the sheiza about the battery box we drive or are interested in buying one come on out for all the buzz.

And for all you up north in the artic states, feel free to come thaw out if you like.....

hey fish....you can bring beer! :lol:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
was I invited?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although I would not be able to make a south Florida meet, this is an excellent idea...put a face to some of those names!

I am also a member of a Harley based newsgroup (rmh)whose scope is to meet other members IRL (in real life). We get together in several parts of the country, travel 1000's of miles each year. Fantastic experience, and the only common thread between all of us is our interest in HD's

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Melgish:.........everyone who is interested is invited

DanMan:........Meet will be well after the first of January :wink:

KrazyTony:....yeah, we already know what "DanMan and Marchena" look like! :shock:

Dznyskp:.......You have to be there....your doing the cooking! :D

TJandGenisis:.Its never to far away for a PRIUS! 8)

Keep'em coming! Like I said, were looking for a big turnout 8)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
HIVOLTAGE said:
Dag-nab-it... I didn't know I'd have to be interested...

At least that's not as hard as being interestING. 8) :shock:

:arrow:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
melgish said:
HIVOLTAGE said:
Dag-nab-it... I didn't know I'd have to be interested...

At least that's not as hard as being interestING. 8) :shock:

:arrow:
Well I can bring my credit card terminal and you can sit around and "swipe your own card" in it! I'll give you some "parts" for your trouble, no waiting! :lol: (They may not be Prius parts but, they will be INTERESTING!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh, bummer. If it was before the end of the month,
I might actually be able to make it since I'm still hangin'
down here in Venice. [backstory sort of detailed at
http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=12499 ...]
Any chance of an earlier mini-meet before I get on my way
back to boston, sometime after x-mess? We could
all tool over to Indialantic and have a rowdy
barbecue in Coastal Dave's driveway...
_H*

·
Registered
35 Posts
is miami too far?? if the time is right..i would definitely be interested! 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't forget to post this get together on GreenHybrid, too.
There are Florida owners that frequent that site.
If the meeting is for Prius hybrids only be sure to indicate that, otherwise you may get some Hondas or Fords trying to infiltrate. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey, having some of the Honda guys show up is always
fine. In fact at the New England gathering last summer, I
spent most of the time chatting about Insight mods and
MIMA systems; there's a lot of prior art in that
area that certainly carries over to understanding the
Prius.
_H*

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm still in NY - and won't have my '06 for a couple more months. But by the summer I will have my Prius and be living in Sarasota. Keep me on your list for any future Florida events!

Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Broward/Miami Dade ?Road Rally? All Hybrids

I was driving from Ft. Lauderdale yesterday on I-95N and there were 2 Pri in front of me and one behind me....and I got to thinking.

Would anyone be interested in a Road Rally type of afternoon maybe sometime in Feb? We could meet somewhere in East Broward, socialize, then line up everyone and travel in one long line and draw some attention to our Hybrids. Just a short afternoon, meeting somewhere in East Broward using (I-595W) going to second meeting place to meet and hook up with our West Broward hybrids cousins via I-595W then maybe shooting down to Miami via I-75S and then back to E. Broward via I-95N?. Or just maybe a small trip down Las Olas Blvd? Email me and we can see if we have enough interest to do something like this....Side note? Anyone have any pulls at a Toyota/Honda Dealership for potential meeting places?
Dwayne
[email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
meeting

I can try to come depending on date/location. I live in Miami and have two kids, so babysitter-dependent.
thanks
Andrea F. i n MIami

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great...email me your email address and when/if I get enough of a positive response, I can email you dates/times/route.
Dwayne
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 68 Posts