Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer wants to "include" these with my 05. My guess is they can be had aftermarket cheaper and it's a tactic to increase the price. But maybe they're actually useful items reasonably priced at "just" $167.

Comments? Thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Floor mats are a must, and it's nice to have the word Prius on 'em. The others you can easily get for much less. I'm not sure about the benefits of a cargo net, but some posters here really like it, especially if you haul a lot of small items frequently.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Jeffo,
My car had this added as well. The mats have worked well and I use the cargo net all the time. Can you get them cheaper elsewhere? Probably. The first aid packet is pretty much useless, except as a supplement to a larger, more comprehensive kit.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a salesman in Washington state and thought I might be able to help out a little.

I do not know who you are purchasing your vehicle from or even where, but when we get our Prius' they have already included the Z1 package (mats, net and first aid kit). Unfortunately they can not be deleted from the vehicle because of weird rulings. If it comes that way, we can not modify it. True, you can get all that cheaper aftermarket and choose the ones that you want. Just do not think of it as the dealer trying to weasle every penny he can because there is all of about $10-15 profit in that option.

Hope I helped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my new 04 Prius and it came with floor mats and a cargo mat which was great with me. I found the autodimming mirror and a cargo net on ebay. The net was about $6 cheaper than dealer price, not a big deal. The mirror was $120 cheaper than my local dealer quoted, that made it worth while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well Jeffo, I paid around $300 for the floor mats alone, so either they are offering you a good deal, or I got taken! You definitely want the floor mats though, they add a bit of class and protect the carpet...Congrats on your Prius! You're gonna love her!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From Priuschat.com:

Other Accessories:
• 6 Disc In-Dash CD changer (P6) $589
• Auto-dimming Mirror with Homelink Garage Door Opener (N1) $265
• Cargo Tote by Nifty Products (9G) $49
• Cargo Net (GN) $49
• Carpet floor mats & cargo mat (CF) $184
• First aid kit (3Z) $29
• Glass breakage sensor (gbs) (V2) $149
• Rear bumper applique (EF) $65
• V.I.P - RS3200 Plus security system (V5) $249
• Wheel locks (alloy) (WL) $59

·
Registered
150 Posts
priussales said:
If it comes that way, we can not modify it.
Asif over at Toyota Town (Stockton, CA) also said that the extras on the car that I bought came with the car, and I could not "un-option" them. Since he's been very honest with me in every other way, I have no reason to doubt him on that.

Louie

·
Registered
53 Posts
As General Custer said, I don't plan to use the first aid kit. :roll:

If there is a first aid kit, I didn't pay for it and I haven't found it (Edit: my wife did). I did pay for the mats because I didn't see anything better in the aftermarket and they were pretty good on my Avalon.

The cargo net was also provided without charge (I think). If you add it later make sure the service department is capable of fastening the four loops to which the net hooks. Very useful for keeping items vertical and not rolling around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts