Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting new floor mats for my 08' Prius. I have read where people are putting WeatherTech floor liners in. I have them in my truck and my wifes van but can't find pictures to see how the black liners will look with the tan interior of the Prius. I just can't picture it looking good. I had my heart set on Catch All premium liners because they are carpeted all weather mats but are not made for the Prius :cry:
So, can anyone show me some pics or offer up any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You can get them in other colors than black. My brother-in-law has them in his grey interior and they match the interior pretty well. I don't know about tan, but I think WeatherTech makes them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Once again, I will extoll the virtues of EXACTMATS.

They are clear (or, rather, translucent) and custom-cut for the Prius. So, you don't have to worry about color matching—you can see the carpet right through them. They're basically the same material as the plastic you'd put under an office chair that sits on carpet. I honestly don't know why anyone would get anything else.

http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails. ... ductID=128

·
Registered
32 Posts
marlowe7 said:
Once again, I will extoll the virtues of EXACTMATS.

They are clear (or, rather, translucent) and custom-cut for the Prius. So, you don't have to worry about color matching—you can see the carpet right through them. They're basically the same material as the plastic you'd put under an office chair that sits on carpet. I honestly don't know why anyone would get anything else.

http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails. ... ductID=128

I would get something else (all weather floor liners) because of the lip to hold in spills. Haven't seen those in clear color though, but black goes with everything! : )

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I have the gray Weathertechs and they look great. The color match is fairly good, but they are on the floor and blend in with the carpet very well. I'd attach a picture, but I don't have digital photography... yet.

They fit well, but they are not a floor "pan" or "tray". The edges near the lower door threshold are not covered, but that isn't a huge issue if you vacuum the interior every now and then and pick up any dust or dirt that may accumulate between the door threshold and the mat.

The Weathertech mats hold everything you drag in, from dust and dirt, to gravel to snow/slush and rain. If dirt or water fall of your shoes in the car, the mat will contain it until you can remove it or it evaporates. The Weathertech mats also are easy to clean. Pressure washing them at the carwash works well, or scrubbing them down when you wash the car really cleans them up.

For the price, you can't beat them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
jeromep said:
I have the gray Weathertechs and they look great. The color match is fairly good, but they are on the floor and blend in with the carpet very well. I'd attach a picture, but I don't have digital photography... yet.

They fit well, but they are not a floor "pan" or "tray". The edges near the lower door threshold are not covered, but that isn't a huge issue if you vacuum the interior every now and then and pick up any dust or dirt that may accumulate between the door threshold and the mat.

The Weathertech mats hold everything you drag in, from dust and dirt, to gravel to snow/slush and rain. If dirt or water fall of your shoes in the car, the mat will contain it until you can remove it or it evaporates. The Weathertech mats also are easy to clean. Pressure washing them at the carwash works well, or scrubbing them down when you wash the car really cleans them up.

For the price, you can't beat them.
Now that I go back and look I see what your saying. But still, all edges are higher than the floor, right, not 'lipped' near the door and towards under the seat, but still higher?

I ordered the front, back and cargo liners today!! wohoo!

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
chrisspaulding said:
Now that I go back and look I see what your saying. But still, all edges are higher than the floor, right, not 'lipped' near the door and towards under the seat, but still higher?

I ordered the front, back and cargo liners today!! wohoo!
Weathertech makes a floor tray that they originally marketed for pickups and SUVs only. But I see they have started making those particular trays for Camry and a few other passenger car brands. I was always a little confused as to why they chose to only make the floor tray for SUVs and pickups only. I would choose a floor tray over a floor mat any day, but the Weathertech mats work very well even though the edges around around the mat are not protected.

All edges of the mat are higher than the floor and do not dip toward the threshold or go under the seats, unlike a floor tray.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMO, the Husky or Rhino Liners and the Weather Tech make our cars look like they are off road on a hunting trip. To protect against spills, snow, water, dirt, etc. and still maintain a "car" appearance; I have found the HEXOMAT by Intro-Tech Automotive, Inc. it just the ticket. It features a lifetime warranty and keeps all elements in place within the HEXOMAT pattern. No need for unsightly high edges, and the pattern for the Prius is custom fit exact with great coverage. The best place I have found to purchase floormats on line is CAA. They offer free shipping and the best prices with a lifetime warranty on all products. My custom mats arrived in seven days. Check out these links.....enjoy.

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/Al ... xomat.html

Example of the floormats they have available for the 2008 Prius, just type in your vehicle and go.

http://www.customautoaccessories.com/mm ... Prius-2008

Bigg Dogg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts