Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone parked their vehicle in an airport carpark for a week and returned to find the auxillary battery as flat as a pancake? The noise of overflying planes activates the car alarm every few minutes. Pity the alarm is not linked to the NiH recharbable battery. Anyone know how to deactivate the alarm? There is nothing about it in the Driver's Manual.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Unless you have a glass breakage sensor, your alarm shouldn't go off when planes fly overhead. Perhaps a dealer could help temporarily disable it?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I don't think a glass breakage sensor should activate from a plane sound. I would report it to the dealer and see what can be done.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
At an airport, yes a plane could rattle the windows and set off the GBS.
The GBS has a sensitivity adjustment, though you have to get into the dash to get to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
KTPhil said:
I don't think a glass breakage sensor should activate from a plane sound. I would report it to the dealer and see what can be done.
Yeah. It could. My Camaro did that all the time. There was a knob on the censor that allowed you to adjust the sensitivity. I imagine the Prius has the same.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Roger Buchdahl said:
Has anyone parked their vehicle in an airport carpark for a week and returned to find the auxillary battery as flat as a pancake? The noise of overflying planes activates the car alarm every few minutes. Pity the alarm is not linked to the NiH recharbable battery. Anyone know how to deactivate the alarm? There is nothing about it in the Driver's Manual.
My car was last week at the airport (for 8 days). No problems whatsoever with the car/battery. But someone had scratched my right dor :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I came back to a dead battery (Sacramento Airport, 6 days).

I don't have the glass breakage sensor, as far as I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts