Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My auxillary battery is as flat as a pancake. How do you remove it from the boot to recharge? There's no guide in the manual.

Roger

·
Registered
610 Posts
:?: Why would you need to remove the 12v auxiliary battery to recharge it? I simple jump to start then the traction battery and ICE would recharge the aux. battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recharging auxillary battery

I jump start the flat battery but within a week of not driving the car it's as flat as a pancake again. How can I remove the battery, check it out and recharge?

Roger

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Looks like you have an 04 so check out pages 298 and 299 of your owners manual. Looks sort of straight forward. But if you are having an 04 battery go "flat" in a week of non driving you are experiencing battery drain somewhere. Might be smart to take it into a dealer next time you get it cranked up. They should be able to check out battery drain as the 12 V system should be similiar to a standard Toyota.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You can recharge the battery using the jump posts just as easily as connecting direct to the battery. Just think of it as your recharger cables being longer.

Now if the 12V is not holding a charge, then it needs to be replaced, not just charged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts