Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the low fuel light came on just as I got to work? How much further can I go before I have to get gas? I averaged about 43mpg and I have around 400 miles so far. The math tells me that I have only used 9.3 gallons from the 11.9 (Toyota spec from manual). This should leave 2.6 gallons left, can I drive another 111.8 miles. (2.6g * 43mpg)

What are your experiences?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
On my first fill-up, there was a 4.5 mile per hour difference between calculated and MFD-displayed.

If I were you, I'd stop at the closest gas station to your place of work. Don't take any chances during rush hour and/or homebound gridlock.

If you run out of gas, people might see your hybrid stalled on the side of the road and laugh. It would be ironic and embarrassing, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Since it's your first fill up, you don't know for sure how well the dealer filled the tank. When the low fuel indicator shows, you have somewhere between 1 and 50 miles to go (maybe more or less :p ). Fill up at your first opportunity. From now on, when it's down to 2 bars, fill up when you see a low price gas station that meets any other qualifications you prefer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts