Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the dealer will charge $135 to change the oil, rotate tires and check all is well. Is this a reasonable price? Seems a litte steep to me. What have you been charged in your neck of the woods? I am in the SF bay area which can be expensive. Incidentally, the car is of course the car of choice in this area -I saw 8 of them in a 10 minute drive to work this morning! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
musashi said:
And the dealer will charge $135 to change the oil, rotate tires and check all is well. Is this a reasonable price? Seems a litte steep to me. What have you been charged in your neck of the woods? I am in the SF bay area which can be expensive. Incidentally, the car is of course the car of choice in this area -I saw 8 of them in a 10 minute drive to work this morning! :D
Sounds like a gross overcharge to me. The service to preform the Toyota recommended 5K interval service costs me about $45 at the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
$40 and the coffee is free! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
Had mine done yesterday with tire rotation, alignment check, minor under car panel labor, car wash, coffee and doughnuts for $52. (with a coupon)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
888 Posts
Run away! Run away!

$40 is too much for an oil change and tire rotation. First off, I'll be so glad to get rid of these Goodyears. They are terrible, but I want to get as much mileage out of them as possible before I do get rid of them. However, paying the dealership to rotate tires is criminal because when you swap those tires out and purchase new ones the tire seller you deal with will do the rotation for free, in most instances. All the tire shops around here will rotate for free, and so will any Costco if you pay them for the full tire service.

The point is that I got my last oil change/rotation for my cost of materials, which was $4.50 for a quality filter and $4.50 qt for Mobil1 and $11 in labor. I felt that was a pretty good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I just had my Prius serviced today for the first time at 3233 miles and I paid $27.93 for lube and oil filter but no tire rotation. I'll have them rotated at 5000 miles and every 5000 miles thereafter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Toyota of Morristown (Northern New Jersey) July 20, 2005.
2001 Prius. 108K miles

Oil change: $11.95 parts, $10.00 labor.
Rotate tires: $20 labor.
Cabin air filter replacement: $45.95 parts, $40.00 labor.
Inspect a bunch of stuff (per service manual): $0.00
 
G

·
jeromep said:
Run away! Run away!

$40 is too much for an oil change and tire rotation. First off, I'll be so glad to get rid of these Goodyears. They are terrible, but I want to get as much mileage out of them as possible before I do get rid of them. However, paying the dealership to rotate tires is criminal because when you swap those tires out and purchase new ones the tire seller you deal with will do the rotation for free, in most instances. All the tire shops around here will rotate for free, and so will any Costco if you pay them for the full tire service.

The point is that I got my last oil change/rotation for my cost of materials, which was $4.50 for a quality filter and $4.50 qt for Mobil1 and $11 in labor. I felt that was a pretty good deal.
Can you possibly suggest a more "colorful" phrase for "Run Away! Run Away!" for this dealer rip-off alluded to above? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,237 Posts
Toyota's Pre-Paid Service Package

Has anyone enrolled in Toyota's 4 years/55.000 miles Pre-Paid package?
$995.00 for the duration up to 55.000 miles.

Covers: Lube-Oil & filter, Tire rotations, four wheel alignment every 6 months or 5000 miles interval Plus every recommended services at 7500
miles, 15.000,22.500.30.000,37.500,45.000, till reaches 55.000 miles.

Most of my Prius and HH customers thinks it is a real good deal !
 
G

·
Re: Toyota's Pre-Paid Service Package

C.Rickey Hirose said:
Has anyone enrolled in Toyota's 4 years/55.000 miles Pre-Paid package?
$995.00 for the duration up to 55.000 miles.

Covers: Lube-Oil & filter, Tire rotations, four wheel alignment every 6 months or 5000 miles interval Plus every recommended services at 7500
miles, 15.000,22.500.30.000,37.500,45.000, till reaches 55.000 miles.

Most of my Prius and HH customers thinks it is a real good deal !
Sounds like a great deal for your dealership's service department! What would these "services" cost at the local Wal-Mart Super Center for the same duration? :p [/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,237 Posts
Re: Toyota's Pre-Paid Service Package

dzitlow said:
C.Rickey Hirose said:
Has anyone enrolled in Toyota's 4 years/55.000 miles Pre-Paid package?
$995.00 for the duration up to 55.000 miles.

Covers: Lube-Oil & filter, Tire rotations, four wheel alignment every 6 months or 5000 miles interval Plus every recommended services at 7500
miles, 15.000,22.500.30.000,37.500,45.000, till reaches 55.000 miles.

Most of my Prius and HH customers thinks it is a real good deal !
Sounds like a great deal for your dealership's service department! What would these "services" cost at the local Wal-Mart Super Center for the same duration? :p [/b]
Also to add: This Pre-Paid service is good throughout the whole USA !
I have one for my private vehicle and did the "math" as to how much
will I end up paying for the entire 4 years or the 55.000 miles and I come
ahead. _savings_ ! Anyone care to comment ?
 
G

·
Re: Toyota's Pre-Paid Service Package

C.Rickey Hirose said:
dzitlow said:
[quote="C.Rickey Hirose":1c6wbmev]Has anyone enrolled in Toyota's 4 years/55.000 miles Pre-Paid package?
$995.00 for the duration up to 55.000 miles.

Covers: Lube-Oil & filter, Tire rotations, four wheel alignment every 6 months or 5000 miles interval Plus every recommended services at 7500
miles, 15.000,22.500.30.000,37.500,45.000, till reaches 55.000 miles.

Most of my Prius and HH customers thinks it is a real good deal !
Sounds like a great deal for your dealership's service department! What would these "services" cost at the local Wal-Mart Super Center for the same duration? :p [/b]
Also to add: This Pre-Paid service is good throughout the whole USA !
I have one for my private vehicle and did the "math" as to how much
will I end up paying for the entire 4 years or the 55.000 miles and I come
ahead. _savings_ ! Anyone care to comment ?[/quote:1c6wbmev]

WOW!! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
musashi

Which dealer is charging you $135? It seems very high. Did you make an appointment? They may have charge additional if you were a walk in and demanded quick service.

=)
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top