Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know of the recent trip I had over the weekend out to New Orleans and after 1200 miles roundtrip, I've had enough of Prius seats. The Recaros will be ordered this week!

My legs were numb the whole way and everytime I got out of the car I thought I had just gotten off a criuse ship...

I love my car but those seats have gotta go...car is also going to a friend of mine who does high end car audio to get "DERATTLED". Thats my only other complaint.

....for those techni-geeks out there...roundtrip mileage average was 44.5 at 80mph....

Later

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I didn't get to use my Prius for the road trip I was going on. Good thing too. Don't think we would have had enough luggage space for the 5 of us, especially for my friend's daughter who was leaving boot camp. She had 4 large bags. I don't understand how she had all that stuff in her wall locker and her bed locker.

But the van got us about 21 MPG. Not bad for a fully loaded 8 passenger van. It was a Toyota.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I didn't get to use my Prius for the road trip I was going on. Good thing too. Don't think we would have had enough luggage space for the 5 of us, especially for my friend's daughter who was leaving boot camp. She had 4 large bags. I don't understand how she had all that stuff in her wall locker and her bed locker.

But the van got us about 21 MPG. Not bad for a fully loaded 8 passenger van. It was a Toyota.
.That's why they make mini-vans and it would have been the same with any make!

·
Registered
619 Posts
DanMan32 said:
I didn't get to use my Prius for the road trip I was going on. Good thing too. Don't think we would have had enough luggage space for the 5 of us, especially for my friend's daughter who was leaving boot camp. She had 4 large bags. I don't understand how she had all that stuff in her wall locker and her bed locker

·
Registered
457 Posts
"I love my car but those seats have gotta go...car"
I'm 5-10- 165#. With the steering wheel adjusted, the Prius seats feel like they were made for me. But, 2.5 hrs is the longest trip I've taken. I do wish they were power adjustable. Changing positions a little now and then, with the push of a button, would be nice.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hyperion said:
DanMan32 said:

The general consensous amongst the car mags and CR is that the Odessey gets slightly better mileage than the Sienna due to its cylinder shut off. Real world 1- 2 miles per gallon. The Sienna though gets 2-3 miles per gallon better than the domestics.

Spike

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...leave it to fishlips to flug up a perfectly good thread with Dodge crap...

I'm done with this threadage...

Cruises of 5 days or more tend to make me feel "wobbly" for a few days after.....might be the booze

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
hyperion said:
DanMan32 said:

The general consensous amongst the car mags and CR is that the Odessey gets slightly better mileage than the Sienna due to its cylinder shut off. Real world 1- 2 miles per gallon. The Sienna though gets 2-3 miles per gallon better than the domestics.

Spike
.......................................horse-pucky!...............................
.Before you quote C.R. again, neither of my two Plymouth Voyager V6's gat less than 23 MPG on my thirty round trips between Dallas and Boston for over a 16 yr period and 240,000 miles of driving.
Accept it for what you want. A personal report rather than one from folkes you have never seen, heard or met.
.I'm having a hard time understanding this vendetta of yours about American made products whether you consider them domestic or not!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fish_antlers said:
HIvoltage.. what did you expect? the prius is a compact car and it's appointments are such that they fit the vehicle... want cargo space and comfort, spend some coin... you could always get a highlander hybrid..
Space was not the problem....there has been a lot of anti-Prius seat issues here and I experienced it first hand during this trip. I drive the hybrid to and fro to work for an hour average each way and it is annoying a little but tolerable during that span.

If I wanted to spend 2 1/2 times the gas and rack up rediculous miles, I could drive either the C4S or the Dodge Dually Turbo diesel Yeah I've admitted it to you....I do own a Dodge and with the damned price of diesel these days, I'm about ready to get rid of it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Maybe you're just too tall. Haha.. what I noticed was my friend that was kinda big (not fat), about 6'2 could barely fit in my passenger side seat with the seat all the way back..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Phish Phood said:
Maybe you're just too tall. Haha.. what I noticed was my friend that was kinda big (not fat), about 6'2 could barely fit in my passenger side seat with the seat all the way back..
Yeah....I am 6-2 at 265 but I don't get uncomfortable under an hour or so of drive time.....I have no probs getting in and out of the car....It's a little harder getting in the 911 than the Pri but once in...aaaaggghh fits like a glove and with 450+ horses and 4wd......!!!! its a cure for the common weekday Prius drives!

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: to HIVOLTAGE... and others...

Don't let the likes of some trolls on this forum rob you of helpful information. Unfortunately, PriusOnline does not have the IGNORE function found on PriusChat which enables you to selectively filter out the political and other "BS" posted by such trolls.

Just scroll past and be grateful for those who post valuable and helpful information.

·
Registered
455 Posts
HIVOLTAGE said:
Phish Phood said:
Yeah....I am 6-2 at 265 but I don't get uncomfortable under an hour or so of drive time.....I have no probs getting in and out of the car....It's a little harder getting in the 911 than the Pri but once in...aaaaggghh fits like a glove and with 450+ horses and 4wd......!!!! its a cure for the common weekday Prius drives!
Yeah, the 911 has pretty comfy seats. Even after hours in them.

For those interested, I went to a local junkyard to look at picking up some cheap Camry seats. They didn't have any, and the guy I spoke to, who seemed pretty sharp, told me without quesion I wouldn't be able to swap out the Prius seats for Camry seats. Before I could get more info, he got pulled away.

I don't get the pain in my bum, just my right leg. For me at least, it is that the angle of the bottom cushion is too sharp, so when driving there is pressure against the back of my lower thigh. The rest of the seat works for me. I got one of those cushion wedge things, but it just made me to tall. There is plenty of head room in the Prius, but I just was looking down on the rearview mirror. Just wasn't comfy ergonomically.
It isn't a huge deal, but definately probly my biggest complaint about the car. Not realy sure I want to pony up the $$ for replacements. I have also thought about going to an uphulstry shop, and having them reshape that cushion. Just shave a little off the leading edge. Anybody try that?

Spike

·
Registered
455 Posts
fish_antlers said:
HIvoltage.. what did you expect? the prius is a compact car and it's appointments are such that they fit the vehicle... want cargo space and comfort, spend some coin... you could always get a highlander hybrid..
There are compacts with fairly comfy seats. I drove a Civic from CT to CA in 54 hours once, and didn't really have any issues. Although I was young then. But there was also the national 55 speed limit.

Spike

1 - 20 of 35 Posts