Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my 2002 prius toyota paid for the six month oil changes, filter changes and tire rotation for the first 36,000 miles now with my new 2005 i have to pay for them. today had my first six month oil, filter and tire rotation and the dealer charged me 39.90 us dollars. i just wonder is that in line with what other dealers charge as i dont trust the local jiffy lub or walmart places to handle this car properly. your comments would be appreicated

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That's about what I paid, but I didn't use a dealer. Prius certified local guys, instead.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
That's what I paid. Plus free coffee and newpaper in the waiting room. Priceless...

G

·
First Oil Change"

Sanny said:
That's about what I paid, but I didn't use a dealer. Prius certified local guys, instead.
How does one obtain "certification" to change motor oil, filter, and rotate tires to become a "Prius certified local guy"??????????????? :p

G

·
firepa63 said:
$39.90 sounds reasonable to me. I believe my first service was $41 where I live in PA.
Was this from a "Prius certified mechanic" in oil-filter changes and tire rotations? Gee, where does one get this training to be "Prius certified" to perform such complex and difficult tasks? :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
$20

I only paid $20 to the Toyota dealer (Wlaser) for my first oil change. I brought my own oil which brought the price down from $28 to $20.

They put in a sticker that said I should come back at 8500 miles. Is this right? I thought it was every 5K miles?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: $20

Darwood said:
They put in a sticker that said I should come back at 8500 miles. Is this right? I thought it was every 5K miles?
I go by the Toyota recommended service intervals of every 5000 miles. Dealers tend to use a 3000 or 3500 interval to bring in more business.

G

·

Darwood said:
I only paid $20 to the Toyota dealer (Wlaser) for my first oil change. I brought my own oil which brought the price down from $28 to $20.

Tell the dealer to READ the maintenance schedule for the vehicle you own and what they "service": 5,000 mile interval on oil and filter changes! Good idea to furnish your own oil...and maybe buy Purolator oil filters: this way you can be assured of the quality of the oil and filter used in your vehicle. :)

G

·

firepa63 said:
Darwood said:
I go by the Toyota recommended service intervals of every 5000 miles. Dealers tend to use a 3000 or 3500 interval to bring in more business.
You hit it on the head! Greed!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
DanMan32 said:
10K intervals? That would void the warranty.
Or did you mean when the mileage reached 10K, which is at a 5K interval?
The Prius sold in the UK and several European countries have a service interval of every 10,000 miles. Not the short 7500 miles (Classic) or 5000 miles (2004+) like in the US.

G

·
mrv said:
DanMan32 said:
10K intervals? That would void the warranty.
Or did you mean when the mileage reached 10K, which is at a 5K interval?
The Prius sold in the UK and several European countries have a service interval of every 10,000 miles. Not the short 7500 miles (Classic) or 5000 miles (2004+) like in the US.
I wonder why the differences in oil change mileage intervals between Prius' in Europe, continental Europe, and USA. What might be explanations? :?:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it 10,000 miles or Kilometers? 10,000 kilometeres would equal about 6200 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts