Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first oil change today at 3200 miles. After reading posts about waiting or not waiting, I decided to go in early as I had other minor concerns. Upon arriving, the service rep asked if I had any problems. I answered, "No stalls. How many have you had to deal with?" He answered, "Not one." Made me feel better, even though ours is a suburban dealership. I did ask for tire rotation, a couple extra pounds of tire pressure, fix the under car panel which had bent during parking, and to check alignment as since purchase I felt the slightest sensation of pulling to the left when I braked (Not to the right as some of you posted). After a couple hours wait I was informed that yes, there was a slight alignment problem. I paid $52 and noticed on the way home the ride was smoother and the Consumption screen showed slightly better mpg during the first 5 minutes--even with AC on. Thanks to all of you who gave me valuable information which I used today. :lol:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Evander, I'm just curious why you went in early for the 5K oil?

Glad they got the allignment straightened up for you. :)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I'll throw this in Hep as I brought my car in at 3,000 miles account of habit and peace of mind. Too many years of car ownership and thoughts about metal particles in new engines. These things are all made and assembled by machines. Mine went in at 2800 and again at 5,000 and is now on the 5,000 mile schedule. What the heck! it couldn't hurt and I had a "few? "questions (4 qts. or 3.5) They told me they came with four from the factory and that was good enough for them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Fair enough.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At purchase, my salesman told me to come in at 3000 miles. Even though several posts said I could wait till 5000, I did want rotation, alignment check, and that under car panel dealt with. (Some of you may recall that my car had 141 miles on odometer when I bought it--test driven car I assume). It may be a good idea to come in at 5000 though, to get back on a regular schedule.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I don't see any problems with an early oil change at the start and then moving to the regular schedule. That will never hurt anyone or anything. I'm basically doing the same. I went in at 2500 for my first and will start the regular schedule at 5000. Not effective at first, however a great deal of piece of mind, and the application of Mobil1 sooner rather than later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts