Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the happy owner of a 3-day old 2007 Prius. And I was wondering what was the first and/or recommended accessory that people get for their new Prius'?
The ony option I got was floor mats.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Floor mats, yes. Cargo area too.

I was dubious about this when my wife pushed for it. We'd never needed them in other cars. Now a year and a bit later, I am firmly convinced this was well worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
wa2bfw said:
I'm the happy owner of a 3-day old 2007 Prius. And I was wondering what was the first and/or recommended accessory that people get for their new Prius'?
The ony option I got was floor mats.
A cargo net to secure groceries and such in the back is a must.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Get a bumper protector (plastic piece that adheres to the top of the back bumper so when you put stuff in the trunk it doesn't scratch up your bumper by "accident"). I failed to do so, and that was where I got my first scratches on my car, and I still don't even know where they came from!

Oh, and in my opinion, the black bumper protector for the Matrix looks better on the Prius, than the one for the Prius!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'd go with satellite radio. I installed one of the integrated kits and it made me decide I would never buy a car without it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'd go with the mudflaps first. Inexpensive, easy and install, and you want to get them on there before you start throwing grime and grit onto your painted surfaces.

(recommend you order from metrotpn.com, and get the bumper protector at the same time, though!)

·
Registered
140 Posts
rpm said:
I'd go with the mudflaps first. Inexpensive, easy and install, and you want to get them on there before you start throwing grime and grit onto your painted surfaces.

(recommend you order from metrotpn.com, and get the bumper protector at the same time, though!)
My first mods were mudflaps, bumper protector, and body side moldings, all from metrotpn.com.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I did cargo net, and sun shades. It's getting to be hot sun season, and the Prius is a little greenhouse! Oh, and one of Julie's console covers. She's on here somewhere. Hand made, embroidered, perfect fit, etc. Maybe Toyota's fixed the fabric issues in the newer ones, but in 2005, the console cover was important. :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
grasshopper said:
Definatly body side moldings before you get dinged.
I had the dealer pre-ding my car, so I didn't have to stress about parking in the grocery store lot.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I recommend a pair of fuzzy dice to hang from the rear view mirror. That's about all that's missing from the Prius.

·
Registered
26 Posts
firepa63 said:
I recommend a pair of fuzzy dice to hang from the rear view mirror. That's about all that's missing from the Prius.
Funny you should say that... I've had a white pair of dice hanging from my Prius since day one...

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Swampthing said:
firepa63 said:
Funny you should say that... I've had a white pair of dice hanging from my Prius since day one...
And I'll bet you're very happy. See, the fuzzy dice are the only option needed for the Prius!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Accessories that I did, in order of usefulness (to me anyway):

1. BT Brace for better handling, though some might debate its value, it works for me.

2. Sharkfin Antenna - Looks way cool, and eases the car cover that I use.

3. Scangage - Cool real time instrumentation and fuel/trip computer.

4. Rubber protective pad for rear bumper.

5. Cargo net for rear hatch opening.

6. PRIUS vinyl decal for body side - sets yours apart from thousands of others, except mine. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Window Tint

Just got my prius last month, and I am bracing for the hot summer, especially because I am in Cali where it can get hard to drive without sunglasses sometimes.

Looking at getting window tint as my first accessory, and it seems like shops here are quoting me $300 for a tint job with high performance window film, and $200 for 2 year warranty film.

I found this site called SnapTint that sells window tint for the prius for only $74.95. They say they use the high performance film that professionals use, and they cut the tint into the size and shape of the Prius windows.

I just ordered it, and will let you guys know how it goes when I install. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a disaster. 8)

-- priuscali07

Sanny said:
I did cargo net, and sun shades. It's getting to be hot sun season, and the Prius is a little greenhouse! Oh, and one of Julie's console covers. She's on here somewhere. Hand made, embroidered, perfect fit, etc. Maybe Toyota's fixed the fabric issues in the newer ones, but in 2005, the console cover was important. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
My first and only purchase was a set of front seat covers (comes with console cover too). I guess I better consider the bumper protector.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts