Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being on the list for 4 months, and being told I was still 71 on the list, I got a surprise call late Friday that a salsa #9 was available. Since that was my first choice I jumped on it even though it is the tail end of the '04s. I really expected to wait another few months considering the dealer was receiving about 10 per month. Do not know if alot of people passed on the '04 or had passed on the color/package...at any rate, am very excited to pick up my baby Monday! :lol: For those still waiting, hang in there! The wait will be worth the car!
Mark in Colorado

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had a similar experience in getting the surprise call. We have been on the list at our local Toyota dealer for about two months and the last time we called, a week ago, we were told it would be another 4-5 months. The original time estimate was four months. We had called because we had left our name at another dealer in northern California who kept calling and kept lowering their price. Contrats to Mark on getting the Salsa Red, that is what we wanted.

However, we ended up with a Gold one, #7 and we are happy with our Prius. Went from Antioch, CA to Lodi, CA across the delta and for the first 60 miles got 53.7 mpg. Home to Bakersfield however, dropped the mpg to 45, still good.

The surprise comes in one week after calling and buying somewhere else, our local dealer calls and says we are slated for a car this month. That's the way it goes sometimes. Don't know what color the local car would have been but mostly the get white or silver. It does sound like there may have been an increase in the number of cars being delivered.

Nick in Bakersfield

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats guys! Let the fun begin.

That's a coincidence Nick, I was just up in Antioch for a wedding last weekend. It was the first time I've been asked, and by 3 people no less, "do you have to plug it in?"

Ha! Even my aunt-in-law that we stayed with informed me right off, "you're not plugging that thing into my house." You got that part right. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts