Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my car up last nite - From Magnussen's Toyota in Palo Alto - They were great to work with and really impressed by how much I understood about the car and how it worked...(by stalking this site everyday for 5.5 months) - however, it was a pretty scarey ride home...I couldn't stop playing around with everything - I can't wait for this weekend so I can set up all my Navigation sites, voice control, phone etc...

Many thanks to everyone for providing (and continuing to provide) a wealth of information! I got the color and pkg I wanted and by checking in everyday, I was able to maintain my composure for months while waiting!

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats Shepan! Let the fun begin, but definitely be careful while getting used to all the cool new buttons and features you can play with while driving. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
New Prius

19 hours left for me to fly to pick up the prius.

sounds easy but it involves flying to michigan by midnight tonight, pick it up in the morning and drive home to Dallas Texas.

30 days from signing on to this forum and picking up the car.

Priusonline.com rocks.

These hrs seem to go by so slow, is the world rotating slower or something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know (about being careful with all the gadgets) egads - I'm so nervous driving around because I'm trying to figure stuff out -

Ah well - I'll have all weekend - I did get my phone connection installed while on break - so that was a success story -

Now I just have to figure out how to store numbers - all in good time.

Re: 19 hours to go - Those last few hours are so hard - my stomach actually hurts today from being so stressed yesterday. I didn't think it was such a big deal since I've purchased maybe 10 new cars in my lifetime - but it's just so fun having all the toys to play with! It's like driving around a new laptop! Good Luck with yours - drive safe and as Zach says - don't get too distracted by the cool features!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congratulations!!! I too got mine Friday the 13th! Trisadecaphopia holds no power here. And do look out for the geeky gadgets, I almost "lost" it on a curve on US 12 between Helena and Missoula futzing with the gadgets. The road, watch the road. God I love this car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got to say - I spent quite a bit of time in my car this weekend (in the garage) trying to figure everything out! It's like driving around in a laptop -

* Turned off the back-up beeper
* Uploaded my phone numbers (is there anyway to add new phone numbers without uploading from your phone?)
* Used the navigation voice system to "guide" me to a wedding - it's soooo cool - and checked out all the shopping, gas, parks etc...everywhere - I had no idea the nav system had so much info! But once I find it - it's a challenge to find it again - guess I'll get used to it after awhile!

Yes, it was a difficult delivery - but seeing the smile on "Cookie's" face and smelling that "new baby smell" made it all worth the pain and suffering!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I, too, spent the first weekend in my Prius in the garage. :lol:
Once you get to know it, everything on it is like second nature, you know where EVERYTHING is on the screen. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Made it without a single speeding ticket

Flew to Michigan upper penninsula (North of half of the Canadian population) 55 deg F.
Scott the salesman came to the airport at MIDNIGHT to pick me in the New Prius. Bought it officially next morning and started for Dallas

The ride was smooth the brakes are great, restrained my self for like the first 400 miles after that sped up to 70-86 mph.
Passed a cop going 10 miles over the speed limit, no ticket. I think its the tideland pearl color, it looks so plain that the cops just dont pay attention to it.
Drove up to 106 mph without any trouble. spent the night in a super 8 and
reached Dallas next afternoon 230pm.

So I personally got this car for my wife from half way across, no all the way across the country

Very nice car
Very nice salesman
A pleasant experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So while tinkering in the garage...I somehow added icons for stores all over my map - does anyone know how to remove them?

Also...ahem - I know how to turn off the voice (I have selective memory) but how do I cancel a destination? I entered it just playing around and now wherever I go, the map is trying to get me there...at least she's very patient - it would be quite a bummer if she started yelling at me - NO, I SAID RIGHT TURN!

I tried using the voice recognition - on the way to the wedding Sat. and I said "I'm Hungry" which is the first thing listed on the voice command list - she tried to direct me to higher education...I'll keep trying - as Brian said, before long it will be much easier!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Shepan said:
I said "I'm Hungry" which is the first thing listed on the voice command list - she tried to direct me to higher education...
Maybe she knows something the rest of us have yet to learn. ;-) Congratulations on your new car. I don't have the navigation system, so I can't help you there. Keep experimenting and I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I don't have NAV either, but people have reported that you should speak softly, in a normal voice, toward the rear-view mirror. Don't separate your words. And get everyone else in the car to be quiet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nav system

To turn off all those resturant icons, Hit the voice command button on the steering wheel, wait for the microphone to appear and say. "POI off." (Point of interest)
Then you can hit the button again and say "Suspend Guidance" This will shut her up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't have the Nav system either, but I wish I did have it. The price differance was what got me! The classic Prius was a lot more affordable fully loaded than the new Prius.

Oh well, enjoy never being lost again!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To turn off all those resturant icons, Hit the voice command button on the steering wheel, wait for the microphone to appear and say. "POI off." (Point of interest)
Then you can hit the button again and say "Suspend Guidance" This will shut her up
THANK YOU! The icons are fun - but get the screen gets kind of busy - ..We're driving to SF this weekend - since we always get lost there. I'm going to map out North Beach and test the system to see if we can actually get there without going around in circles for 1/2 hour.

What I'm loving is everyday I'm discovering something new - Like with the voice command - I can't wait to use some of the 100+ commands!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Shepan said:
THANK YOU! The icons are fun - but get the screen gets kind of busy - ..We're driving to SF this weekend - since we always get lost there. I'm going to map out North Beach and test the system to see if we can actually get there without going around in circles for 1/2 hour.
I HATE driving in San Francisco. I always get lost and I always seem to have troubles getting on the freeway to go home! GPS will certainly help prevent that! Let us know how well it goes. This will be an excellent test! Hopefully the GPS knows which streets your not allowed to make left turns on!!! :?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shepan said:
I picked my car up last nite - From Magnussen's Toyota in Palo Alto - They were great to work with and really impressed by how much I understood about the car and how it worked...(by stalking this site everyday for 5.5 months) - however, it was a pretty scarey ride home...I couldn't stop playing around with everything - I can't wait for this weekend so I can set up all my Navigation sites, voice control, phone etc...

Many thanks to everyone for providing (and continuing to provide) a wealth of information! I got the color and pkg I wanted and by checking in everyday, I was able to maintain my composure for months while waiting!

Have a great weekend!
That's good news that you got the package and color that you wanted. Enjoy your new car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts