Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Prius today.. after long almost 3 months wait. finally it's here. excited... it's so smooth and quiet... such an excellent car....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
jys said:
Got my Prius today.. after long almost 3 months wait. finally it's here. excited... it's so smooth and quiet... such an excellent car....
No, you may not sit in the driveway all night and play with the buttons. You have to go inside and have polite supper conversation with the family and help with the dishes. THEN you may go back out and play. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
Remember to glance at the road once in a while as you drive. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Remember to glance at the road once in a while as you drive. 8)
Oh, Hep, you're such a killjoy. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
<<<<
You have to go inside and have polite supper conversation with the family and help with the dishes. THEN you may go back out and play.
>>>>

But shouldn't he have to do homework first, like reading John's instructions on how to change the cabin air filter or studying for a quiz on proper tire inflation? (this would be an essay question, of course)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Hep said:
Remember to glance at the road once in a while as you drive. 8)
That's not any fun! And how are you suppose to learn to drive the car properly if you don't look at the energy screen? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CaPriusLover said:
Hep said:
Remember to glance at the road once in a while as you drive. 8)
That's not any fun! And how are you suppose to learn to drive the car properly if you don't look at the energy screen? :)
true... i find myself looking at the MFD more than the speed indicator.. hahah :D :D :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
jys said:
CaPriusLover said:
Hep said:
Remember to glance at the road once in a while as you drive. 8)
That's not any fun! And how are you suppose to learn to drive the car properly if you don't look at the energy screen? :)
true... i find myself looking at the MFD more than the speed indicator.. hahah :D :D :D :D
The energy screen is just eye candy and doesn't tell you all that is going on in your car (for example, if the gasoline engine is running to warm itself up or to provide you with heat) You get much better feedback on the Consumption screen (easier to note big bars in your peripheral vision).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
mrv said:
The energy screen is just eye candy and doesn't tell you all that is going on in your car (for example, if the gasoline engine is running to warm itself up or to provide you with heat) You get much better feedback on the Consumption screen (easier to note big bars in your peripheral vision).
I agree. The Energy screen is a distraction. I don't think I have even looked at it for a year now. I leave my screen on Consumption all of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
firepa63 said:
mrv said:
The energy screen is just eye candy and doesn't tell you all that is going on in your car (for example, if the gasoline engine is running to warm itself up or to provide you with heat) You get much better feedback on the Consumption screen (easier to note big bars in your peripheral vision).
I agree. The Energy screen is a distraction. I don't think I have even looked at it for a year now. I leave my screen on Consumption all of the time.
Same here. Energy screen makes me dizzy-eye test in itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
After a bunch of folks here started trying to convince me it really makes a difference, I use the energy screen when I'm driving at relatively slow speed on relatively lightly populated surface streets and play games with "gliding" and "electric cruise". If you are just on the cusp of the car putting itself there, you can sometimes influence it by modulating just a bit. However, its not made a significant difference in my tank average MPG, so I think of it more as a form of entertainment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,233 Posts
For me,

Energy monitor for city

Consumption screen for highway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I live on consumption 99% of the time. Energy the other 1%. Usually it's when I'm nearing home and am trying to stay in stealth for the last half mile. The posted speed limit is 35, and sometimes it's nice to know if you are coasting or actually using the electric motor (helps me gauge how hard down to press if my speed drops to 34).
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top