Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my "low fuel" bell sounded and as I was showing 531 miles passed, I went in to fill up. I was only able to put in 7.7 gallons, $12.00 worth. Thinking there was a problem, I tried to top off the tank and it would not take more. When I started it up it was showing a full tank. Could this have been a computer error or fuel tank float problem? Any suggestions would be considered...

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
leebek said:
Yesterday my "low fuel" bell sounded and as I was showing 531 miles passed, I went in to fill up. I was only able to put in 7.7 gallons, $12.00 worth. Thinking there was a problem, I tried to top off the tank and it would not take more. When I started it up it was showing a full tank. Could this have been a computer error or fuel tank float problem? Any suggestions would be considered...
it's gotten a bit colder recently...
The fuel tank (in the US) has an interior resin "bladder." (Think of a baby bottle...) The bladder gets smaller in colder weather, so the tank holds less fuel in the winter than in the summer.

531 miles? Nothing to sneeze at there. sounds like about time to fill up.

(p.s. there's a reason that the gas gage is usually called the "guess gage"...)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooler air?

I live in Savannah, GA and my AC is still on. What's cool air? Seriously, I think I will go with the "guess gauge" theory for now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts