Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give the kids credit for being ahead of the game, or maybe it is just because Mothers' Day is just passed, but I have already had the "What do you want for Fathers' Day?" question. My standard answer is a six pack of Dos Equis, but this year I acutally have a kid old enough to buy me that!

What do you want for Fathers' Day?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
I'd like my daughter to call me and say "Happy Fathers Day" without immediatly following it with "Can I have..."

I'd like my son to finish the little computer program I asked him to do 3 weeks ago.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
887 Posts
I'm getting my dad a stick of RAM for his G4. I just got him up on OS10 and I think the computer is doing a little too much disk cashing for my taste. He will appreciate it. And he won't have to hound mom for money to by a stick of ram either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,166 Posts
jeromep said:
... I think the computer is doing a little too much disk cashing for my taste.
Bad computer! For shame that it would be pawning the clusters off the drive for money!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I believe the term you were looking for was cache. But it really sounds like your system is overly paging memory to disk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
DanMan32 said:
...But it really sounds like your system is overly paging memory to disk.
"Paging Memory... Paging Memory... Phone call for Mr. Memory...Would Mr. Memory please contact the front disk?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,166 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's good! I have to remember that one. Please contact the front DISK. That's classic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys do two shows on the weekend? :lol:

We need a rimshot emoticon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my Dos Equis. A twelve pack actually and two limes to slice and wedge in the neck of the bottles. Life is good, and so are my kids. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
:) I gave mine two porterhouse steaks. The butcher even wrapped them for me! lol He liked them - laughed and laughed. Dunno what was funny about 3 lbs of steak, but hey!

And, Livvy had a birthday this weekend - complete with species appropriate cake. :) The little girl is 11! Good girlie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sanny said:
:) I gave mine two porterhouse steaks. The butcher even wrapped them for me! lol He liked them - laughed and laughed. Dunno what was funny about 3 lbs of steak, but hey!

And, Livvy had a birthday this weekend - complete with species appropriate cake. :) The little girl is 11! Good girlie.
3 pounds of well marbled porterhouse? At his age? Might as well have given him a coupon for a cardiac stent along with it! That's why he's laughing. He thinks you are after the inheritance, and taking the slow road. :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top